Thread: Opinion on stockade stocks

romad97

Opinion on stockade stocks

What is the general concensus on stockade stocks? Are they pretty good or are there better products for the price? I am needing a stock for a new savage short action centerfeed with DBM. Looking for more of a hunter style stock as opposed to a tactical style.

Basic Member
    They make a great stock for the money. The best part is they make them to YOUR specifications. When I had mine built I had them add an inch to LOP.

Kevin is also a great guy to talk to and is very knowledgeable about his stock as well as Savage firearms in general.

You cannot go wrong with Stockade.

Quote Originally Posted by dolomite_supafly View Post
    They make a great stock for the money. The best part is they make them to YOUR specifications. When I had mine built I had them add an inch to LOP.

Kevin is also a great guy to talk to and is very knowledgeable about his stock as well as Savage firearms in general.

You cannot go wrong with Stockade.
    +1, great products
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

romad97
    Are they better than the HS Precision pro varminter? If so, please elaborate as to why.

Both are great stocks. JMO

I have both of them and have no issues with either. Prices are very similar.

Stockade offers different pricing levels, just depends how much you want to work on it.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Their money saver stocks take about an hour to get ready for paint. I have had mine for about 5 years now and it will soon wear a coat of truck bed liner as soon as I can get down to LineX.

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by dolomite_supafly View Post
    Their money saver stocks take about an hour to get ready for paint. I have had mine for about 5 years now and it will soon wear a coat of truck bed liner as soon as I can get down to LineX.
    What kind of paint did you use? And did you use their finishing kit?

stangfish
    For an extra 55 bucks you can get the H$S PTS 114 inleted for a DBM

They are good stocks, and Kevin is a great guy to talk to. I have a woodchuck stock that I'm going to use for a coyote rig. Its a little beefier than most hunting stocks, but not a tactical by any means.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    I have really been rough on my Stockade and it has held up well. Kevin is a great guy to deal with and will ensure that you get exactly what you need.

Basic Member
    I have a Stockade Prairie Dog/Tactical, and I've had an HS too. To me they really aren't all that comparable, the Stockade is hands down the better stock.

As stated, you can get a Stockade stock in any configuration you want; LOP, barrel channel, finish, blind mag, DBM, recoil pad....etc. Best of all, they can all be had in LH.

Construction wise they are very similar to HS. Gelcoat-fiberglass and foam over an aluminum skeleton spine. Quality is as good or better than HS.

I think Stockade beats HS in price due to the amount of options and configurations for the cost.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar