Thread: Trophy hunter xp conversion to blind magazine

Nandy

Trophy hunter xp conversion to blind magazine

Im planing on buying this rifle from Buds: Savage 19676 11 TROPHY HUNTER XP 223 NIKON Model: 19676

I want either of these 2 Boyds stocks:
    VARMINT THUMBHOLE SAVAGEŽ 11 BLIND MAG SHORT ACTION STAGGERED FEED BULL BARREL CHANNEL FOREST CAMO LAMINATE (FINISHED)
    or
    VARMINT THUMBHOLE SAVAGEŽ 11 BLIND MAG SHORT ACTION CENTER FEED BULL BARREL CHANNEL APPLEJACK LAMINATE (FINISHED)

The options for the boyds stock for the detachable magazine is not what I want.

Now the question is, will either of these blind mag stocks work and which one will be easier to convert? The rifle I am looking at seems to have the bottom bolt release. I need to order this today so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

stangfish
    If you want a non DBM stock to be converted you only need to consider two things. How much are you looking to spend? Which DBM set-up will you use. From the looks of it you will need to have a someone inlet for the/a DBM. The DBM and bottom metal frame/triggergaurd will need to be purchased.

Nandy
    I am not wanting to inlet the stock. It will remain as a blind stock. It will be the gun that I want to add the blind magazine and follower.

Team Savage
    Yes, a blind magazine stock will work. You will need to order the Boyds Savage SA Center Feed (4.40") blind magazine stock. Do not get a SA staggerfeed stock. The TH model comes with the Accutrigger and the bolt release is in the plastic trigger guard. So you have two options:

(1) Carefully do some dremel work in the stock trigger guard inlet so the front bolt release trigger guard (FBRTG) fits and functions in the blind magazine stock. I replace the plastic FBRTG with a metal FBRTG trigger guard. You will need to order from Savage Arms Parts Department. The parts rep may say the FBRTG metal trigger guard won't work, but that is BS.

(2) Use a standard metal trigger guard without the FBRTG button and remove the barrel action from the stock when you need to move the bolt release lever and release the bolt from the action.

Remove the plastic bottom cap from the metal DBM box and follower and use it as your blind magazine. You may need an L-clip to hold in place if the stock magazine well is oversized. Or just use two small wood screws in the grooves on each side of the magazine box to hold in place. Otherwise the follower spring tries to push it up against the action and all around the stock well.
    Last edited by jpdown; 07-08-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Nandy
    Thanks for your detailed answer Jpdown. Just got ordering it, gun will be ordered by the end of this month of beginning of next... Need to get my reloading stuff ready!
    Thanks everyone!

brasse
    Do you have the Savage part numbers for the metal FBRTG trigger guard?