I finally made it out to the range this morning with my Savage B.mag and a box of Winchester 20-grain Polymer Tip ammo. The rifle was equipped with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50.

Given the scarcity of ammo, I was particularly careful in bore sighting and was able to establish a 100-yard zero in 4 shots. As I have grown accustomed to expect, the Savage possesses excellent accuracy potential. As shown in the photo below, 3-shot groups of .544 and .828 inches were achieved.

Now the less than positive impressions. I experienced 3 misfires in 13 attempted shots; obviously the effect of the rifle and ammo lot are convolved. Secondly, the rifle does not eject the cases. It will not eject a fired or unfired case and fails to work with or without the magazine in place. Cases are pulled from the chamber but not released from bolt face. Hopefully it is something simple, but an aggravating issue nonetheless.

I can't wait to field trial this rig on a whistle pig; for now I'll have to manually extract the cases. If the caliber performs as expected. I will anxiously await a custom Encore barrel in 17 WSM and the B.Mag will be converted to cash.