I have a Model 11 SA Staggered Feed in .223. It has been in a tupperware stock, and I got offered a heck of a deal on a Boyd's pepper laminate classic stock from a member on here. It arrived today and looks great, but my rifle would not drop in like I thought It should. the stock is for a SA SF (Same as my action), but for some reason there were small areas around the rear action screw, trigger group, etc. that I had to remove with a dremel. Well, after a couple hrs of work with the dremel today, I've got the stock and action fitting together. It's going to need to be bedded for sure, but that will be a next weekend job maybe. My question is this....when I turn the rear action screw the last half turn or so to snug it up, the accutrigger safety mechanism trips so that the trigger locks up. If I work the bolt it trips right back to being locked up and non functional. I've had this trouble with another of my model 10's in the past when inletting a stock for it, and it ended up being a little bit of wood somewhere that I just had to dremel out around the trigger group in the stock. I dont think there is anything on this stock touching anywhere. I've put it together without the trigger guard on and shined a flashlight up in there and nothing seems to be making contact where it is not supposed to be. I even put talc powder all over everything to check for contact and cannot find any at all. I'm only trying to torque the action screws to 30lbs, so if I stay at around 15 or 20, it doesn't cause this to happen. I have also tightened the accutrigger down a bit to rule out it being set too low, and that is also not the problem.

I'm at a loss and the only thing I can think of now is maybe If I bed the thing, it will raise the action up from the stock a bit and give me a little extra "space" between the stock and action and even everyting out to where perhaps the problem will just go away.

Anybody that has had this happen and worked through it let me hear what you did.

thanks!