Thread: model 12 fv misfires

kennyb223

model 12 fv misfires

I hope this is an easy fix. Maybe I fixed it already.
    I just bought a new model 12 fv varmint rifle in 22-250 remington. I went to sight it in and about 1/2 of the time it won't fire. Its like the bolt handle is trying to move farword. With a lot of frustration I got it sighted in. I also noticed the accu-trigger was really set light, like 1 pound light.
    I took it home and field striped it and adjusted the accutrigger. It fires when dry snapping. I made a snap cap out of a resized brass and fitted a piece of pencil eraser in the primer pocket and seated a bullet.
    My .223 Predator never gave me any issues like this. Anyone else have this issue?

Ksmirk

Re: model 12 fv misfires

I feel your pain! when I got my first Accu-Trigger I have a habit of putting finger pressure on the side of the trigger not depressing the ceter section (the part you depress prior to pulling the trigger) try it you'll see what I'm talking about. I thinkit's a safety thing but it took me sometime to get it down! I just bought a SSS trigger and don't have the problem anymore ;D Good luck! Later,

Kirk

Rifleman4910

You just read the answer. You are not pressing the center bar down all the way before depressing the trigger. After a while you don't even have to think about it, many times it is caused by trying to shoot with gloves on. I NEVER shoot with gloves on period. You probably heard a click but the firing pin never touched the primer, if this happens raise the bolt up and down and try again.

kennyb223

Thanks guys I'll see if that fixes it.