Hi. Everyone is probably tired of hearing me drone on about the DD. However, this might be of interest to those who shoot the .17 HH.

Forester's ads and instructions included with the DD, say nothing about the .17. Since I acquired a Sav M25 in this caliber, I have enjoyed the heck out of it.

Since the .17 HH head spaces off the rim, I have never found any information on the datum at the shoulder. The 'gold' disk (bullet length/oal) Forester supplies has a .172" hole. It also has a .257" hole which is perfect for measuring about 1/2 of the way up the Hornet's shoulder. Now you can get both measurements with one disk.
Of course, this info is only intended to be a 'relative' baseline for new, fired, and sized brass.
I recently ordered another 'body' for the tool. Changing disks is simple, but it just adds another step, (besides, I'm kinda lazy) ha ha
The additional body retains the oal disk, the other body retains the datum dial.

Just some food for thought if anyone loves to shoot/reload this great round as much as I do!

be safe.
ron