Hello All,
Lots of questions guys. I just received a call saying that my new Stevens 7-08 arrived (a week early too) !! Anyway-- this is to be a donor action for a 6br build. I am going to use this rifle for informal matches and varmint hunting. The scope I have is a weaver T36 and the barrel is a 28" Lothar-W 1:8 twist pre-fit no-turn neck.

I was wondering what scope mounts to use for this setup? I was thinking of getting the egw for around $35 at midway. Is the Farrel base a huge step up in quality for double the $$ ? I don't like that the Farrel looks so much higher than the egw. Does anyone have or used both and is the Farrel actually that much higher? Does anyone really see a difference in the aluminum vs. steel bases? I think I may be able to get away with low rings since the scope has a small obj. and I don't want to have the scope any higher than it needs to be.

This will also be a switch barrel rifle and I would like the setup to be pretty close to zero after putting the scope back on after switching barrels so if anyone has any recommendations on what to get I'm all ears.

I do not have a trigger for it yet, but I think I will get a SSS comp later this spring. I will probably order a stock from them at that time too. For now, I have a bvss stock that a friend gave me since he upgraded when he built his br rifle.

Also, what dies are everyone using? What are the "best" dies? I expect to get alot of different answers to that. I have a rockchucker press and don't really want to get another press, so something that has the same type of dies would be preferred. I know that is alot of questions but there is also a wealth of knowledge here so have at it fellas.
Thanks