Thread: Mark II 22lr Clips

Basic Member

Mark II 22lr Clips

I have several of the blued 5 shot clips that have become duds. On one the spring will not push the shells up anymore, on a couple of others it has gotten to where you can only put 4 shells in or it will not load into the gun with the bolt closed. These are not cheap to be so cheaply made. Anyone else had any problems or any suggestions?

Being a paid member has its privileges.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...ine-Spring-Fix
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks MrFurious. I am afraid as flimsy as the clips are made if I start trying to bend and slide the bottom out Ill pull the sides apart. It will not matter on the one that will not push the shells up, but I have two that will at least hold 4 shells. I love the gun but if I was Savage, I would be ashamed of the quality of the magazines. Thanks again.

bflee
    I am not sure aboit the Mark 2 but I do know about alot of issues I have seen and read about on the model 93. I have found the solution on mine and I think it can fix alot of other people's problems. It seems to have worked for several people I have recommended it to. Does your magazine wiggle when it is locked in? If so this will solve all your problems. All of the fixes I have seen before involved the mags, and I have modified a few. I have found oit that it is not the mags.
    Insert your magazine and if it wiggles remove it and then take some large needle nose pliers and slowly pull the magazine guide forward, inserting the mag after occasionally to see if the wiggle stops. If it does stop there. If it doesnt, keep bending. When the mag is held tight it will feed as smooth as silk. I have found this to work great on all model 93's with a feed issue.