Thread: Base for 110 flat rear

jdpenterprises

Base for 110 flat rear

I have recently acquired a savage 110 preaccutrigger with the flat rear in 30-06. I have searched high and low for a 20 moa pict. base (as I will most likely convert it to a 300 win mag) without much luck. My preference is steel, but will take an aluminum base if I have to. I would prefer one with a recoil shoulder given the upcoming conversion. Warne has a 20 moa steel base, but I can't seem to find one in stock. Not sure if it has the recoil shoulder or not, but it appears to be pretty much what I am looking for. Are there any other bases for flat rear magnums close to what I am looking for?

jdpenterprises
    Thanks! I had looked at them but didn't remember them having one for the flat rear.I have looked until I was blue in the face. I can't tell from the pic, does it have a recoil shoulder or lug? Should have known ken's base would work since the savage gurus endorse them so often.

stangfish
    No the round back one does though. Go figure. They actualy use a set screw.

jdpenterprises
    I noticed that too after looking. I have egw bases on a 308 and 223 savage. I'm thinking I need something more beefy for a 300 win mag build. The screws will be the weak link either way I guess, that's why I was hoping for a recoil lug.

stangfish
    A couple of things that I have seen done is bedding the mount and pinning it, you can also redrill and tap for larger screws. I know a lot of guys that shoot a 300WM that have not found a need for such drastic measures. Your situation may differ. I would say if you purchase the EGW also get the Torx screw set(buy extras) and you can get more torque on them without stripping them.

jdpenterprises
    Wait, isn't this the correct base withe the lug? http://www.kenfarrell.com/FGF-SAV-L-1-20.html

jdpenterprises
    Thanks. I did buy the torn screws for my two. Is this not the correct base with the lug http://www.kenfarrell.com/FGF-SAV-L-1-20.html

jdpenterprises
    I did get the torx screws on the other two. May go the ken Ferrel route on this build. Thanks for your help.

I use nothing but ken Farrell mounts and rings on all my rifles. If anyone makes better, I haven't found it.

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpenterprises View Post
    Thanks. I did buy the torn screws for my two. Is this not the correct base with the lug http://www.kenfarrell.com/FGF-SAV-L-1-20.html
    Looks right to me.

jdpenterprises
    I ordered the base this weekend without the set screw. I do like their rings, and will definitely consider them. Spoke to Jim Briggs today about the availability of a 300wm barrel. 14 weeks for a criterion, 16 min. For a shilen. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to piece this together.