Thread: got my elite 6500 today

Basic Member

got my elite 6500 today

i picked up my elite 6500 today 4.5-30x50 tactical model the glass looks great the turrets have a solid/audible click i cant go shoting till saturday but cant wait to take it tothe range ;D

Basic Member

Re: got my elite 6500 today

Glad to hear about your new glass. I have been thinking about the same scope,but nobody around me carries it so I have hesitated on buying one. I have found it on the net for a little over $700,and if it is a decent scope I will get one. I'm also looking at the Vortex Viper PST,Trijicon Accupoint TR23G,and the Zeiss Conquest. Let us know how you like it,and how good the clarity is at 20x and above.

Tightgroups

Ive been shooting with an Elite 4200 6X24 40mm, on my 6BR, and love it, some times I wish it was the 32 power, but I get by. Its also vary clear and bright, on a par with my $1300. Leupold, in every respect, repeatability, click feel, OAQ etc. I'm sure you will be happy with it. So let us know after the first range shoot. They must be good, they cost twice what my E 4200 was 5 years ago. I believe if someone is looking for a new scope, if they dont check out the current Bushnell line, they may be missing the boat.
    And I have Leupold, Bushnell, Weaver T 36, and two others, I cant even remember there names, they must not have impressed me much, and there just gathering dust.
    M.

firemachine69

It's a nice mid-range scope (I have one). My only beef are MOA clicks with a MIL reticle, and no zero-stops (neither available on ANY Bushnell scope).

Enjoy.

helotaxi

There are precious few scopes I've found with adjustments in mils and every one of them is huge money. If you're dialing offset for every shot, as long as your dope card is graduated in whatever your scope adjustments are in it doesn't matter. Just like if you're using holdover with a fixed zero and your dope is in mils a mil-dot is fine regardless of what the scope dials are marked in.

I'm a big fan of the Bushnell scopes, at least those in the Elite series. To noticeably get better clarity and brightness than the 4200s you're going to be spend several times as much money. If you just have to have the "best" buy whatever you want, but I'll spend my money elsewhere like ammo or an additional rifle and/or scope.

chestsprings

Tightgroups,

just an opinion of mine.

I have a 6 X 24 X 40 Elite 4200 with a mil-dot, & a 8 X 32 X 40 cross hairs.

" you may like the 32 power". I thought so too. not sure now. when I set it up for 100 & 200 yds, I hardly ever use it above 28 power. that's where I get the best eye relief, & clarity.

could be because of the "40" objective lens.

I don't have , but looked thru the 4.5 X 30 X 50 at the range, & I really like the one I looked thru.

Basic Member

i brought it to the range yesterday due 2 the weather i onl got off about 25 shots at 100 yards but was very impressed it tracks fantasticly very clear crisp optics even on 30 power ive heard some complain about a hazy image past 20 but that was not the case with mine cyrstal clear could read the print at 100 yards on the target the turrets have very crisp and audible clicks i am very impressed with the scope so far its alot better than i anticipated i couldnt be happier with my choice of optics i cant wait till the weather improves and i can really give it a work out ;D

Joe O

I have a 6500 4x30 and love it.Seems prices go up and down like the price of Gas.Right now Midway has good prices on the Vortex viper 6.5x20x44 @$399.One place ,you always want to compare prices with ,on anything over 20 bucks,is Midsouth Shooters.They have the Conquest @ $936.They dont carry the Vortex line.I have two 6.5x20x44

Basic Member

i work at a sporting goods store i get a good deal at work the only thing we cant get a deal on is ammo