Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 17 WSM Ammo Alert

ninja99

Hi all, I'm new here. Just thought I'd share.

I happened upon 9 boxes of 20gr at the local Dicks last week during their 20% off ammo sale. Purchased all nine @ $14.39 ea (Reg. $17.99). Bought a stainless B.Mag the next day.

Picked up another box of 20gr yesterday at Big 5 @ $17.99.

Reeseman
    That's a good deal on your purchase . My last 2 purchases locally have been $21.00 per box , gun shop prices . I am saving that for hunting season . Found some at a Gander Mountain about a month ago at $17.99 2 box limit . I shot that up getting my gun to shoot decent .

joe m
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja99 View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here. Just thought I'd share.

I happened upon 9 boxes of 20gr at the local Dicks last week during their 20% off ammo sale. Purchased all nine @ $14.39 ea (Reg. $17.99). Bought a stainless B.Mag the next day.

Picked up another box of 20gr yesterday at Big 5 @ $17.99.
    I visited our local dicks, they guy said no .17 ammo has come in in months, then I spotted the boxes and asked what that was- he picked them up and said it was a off-caliper and not .17....it was indeed 3 boxes of WSM, so make sure not to simply ask for .17 as they will think your after HMR. He even said that the other store he worked at kept "that stuff" in the back as it never sold.... so maybe its available and these retailers just think its a strange off brand and don't showcase it? Glad I scored 3 boxes, no sale price today though.

hornet67
    I guess I have been lucky since I bought my 17 wsm 2 months ago... I bought 2 boxes on line but at a crazy markup... but since then I have picked up 6 boxes at basspro for 14.99 and 4 boxes at dunhams for 17.99... the dicks near me seems to get a case in every other month but usually 10 guys are lined up at the door
    waiting on the days they stock ammo ,,twice the guy in front of me bought the last boxes of 17 wsm... on a side note I am realy pleased with the bmag and the ammo, I have sighted in twice with two different scopes and have had no accuracy or flyer issues

hornet67

ammo

dicks sporting good in Sharonville ohio had 10 boxes this morning I picked up two if anyone near cincy needs ammo

bremereric
    Academy Sports and Outdoors. Went to the one by the post office. It had a tag on the shelf but no go on the ammo.

Went to the other Academy in the small town of Tomball and scored three boxes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567