Thread: Stith Mounts: Savage M-99 Weaver K.4 Scope

Basic Member

Stith Mounts: Savage M-99 Weaver K.4 Scope

I have a set of new old stock mounts. Would trade as partial pay on nice .243 model 99 with top tang safety. Also looking for .243 model EG for cash only deal.

Shame you weren't in Canada, I own an EG in 243 but I'd be asking U.S. prices for it anyways.
    Savage- "never say never".

Basic Member

.243 Savage 99EG

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Shame you weren't in Canada, I own an EG in 243 but I'd be asking U.S. prices for it anyways.
    I do not know how the law works regarding buying a gun in Canada and bringing to the US. However, if legal, I have a cousin that lives in Baudette, MN; if we could agree on price and condition perhaps he could pick up or you deliver. jwmouw@earthlink.net.

Laws are crazy mental, takes somewhere up to a year just to get the paperwork done, then theres the cost of importing, really not worth the time or money, better off trying to find one in the U.S.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the prompt response. I had no idea there was so much paper work involved. If anything turns up that would enable the deal to go thru without all the government paper work (must be legal), please advise. In the mean time I will continue to look.

Indianaoutdoorsman
    Depending on the price, I'd consider a cash deal if they're the proper ones for my rifle. It's a 250-3000 made in 1917. Just started looking for some of these.

Basic Member

Stith Mounts: Savage M-99 Weaver K.4 Scope

Quote Originally Posted by Indianaoutdoorsman View Post
    Depending on the price, I'd consider a cash deal if they're the proper ones for my rifle. It's a 250-3000 made in 1917. Just started looking for some of these.
    I want to hold on to these new old stock Stith mounts until I find a .243 Savage 99 that they may fit on (i.e., a gun without tang safety)...if I do not find a gun without tang safety, I hope to use these mounts as an incentive to a .243 seller to sell me the gun with the Stith mounts as a partial trade toward the .243 Savage 99. Or, if seller of tang safety gun just wants $, I would buy and then sell the Stith mounts on a stand alone deal.
    FYI, from others who know about this stuff, the Stith mounts I have would fit an early K.4 as the ID of front bell housing mount is 1 5/16" inch. I think that later K-4's would not fit in this mount though a K-3 probably would.
    Perhaps others could chime in on this and provide advice. I am not an expert on this, nor a collector. Just looking for a gun as a gift.

I'm not going to issue infractions in this case since my own moderator was involved (Bad dog....BAD!), but you all need to familiarize yourselves with the rules here - particularly the ones about bartering outside the classifieds section.

Forum Rules/Code of Conduct
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ode-of-Conduct (see Rules #5 & 6)

Classified Section Rules
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...assified-Rules
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Haha, come on, I wasn't really bartering, I more or less said I had one but it wasn't for sale to the U.S., heh heh.