It's been weeks in the making, getting the new rifle all set up and ready to go, but I finally put some lead down range today!!!

I now have a very sweet shooting Model 12 Benchrest in 6mm BR Norma, I have a Sightron III 10-50x60 LRMD scope mounted onto an EGW 20 MOA base with Leupold PRW high rings. I hand loaded 50 rounds of Lapua brass with 27 grains of Varget behind a 105 grain Berger bullet. I did a proper break-in by cleaning between each shot (yea it took a while) and accomplished a very good 100 yd zero.

I was having a looseness issue with my front rest that I didn't figure out until I shot the last couple of strings. Before finding it, I was getting 3/4 to 1" groups, but after cranking the ears in, I had a solid 1/4" group!!! This is a really good shooter. Trigger pull was about 1.4 pounds with no creep. I trimmed the ejector spring back some so my expensive Lapua brass doesn't bounce across the firing line when I pull the bolt back.

All in all, I am very happy with this system. I can't wait to get more rounds loaded up so I can start stretching out to the longer ranges.