Thread: pictures

Basic Member

pictures

I've been trying to put a picture here using the faq caveman thing. This is 2013, and it should not be impossible for me to upload 1 picture in 1 hour 15 min of trying. This is nonsense.
    joe b.

stangfish
    Are you using Photobucket to upload your pictures to? If so and you don't edit your photos to a reasonable size it may take a while with a slower connection. Example. If your camera has 15MP capability and you have it set for Best Picture Quality it may be 8 Mb or larger. It is possible to reduce this size down to 1 mb or smaller for a decent quality picture on the web. If you need help with this pm me and we will get it figured out.
    Last edited by stangfish; 06-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.

bodywerks
    You have to host the picture on a sure like photobucket. Once you do, view that pic. There should be link options available for you to copy. Probably the easiest one would be the direct link. Highlight it copy it.
    Come on here, type [IMG].
    Then put the cursor right after that and paste your link.
    Then type [/IMG] right after that.
    Done

stangfish
    Come on here, type [IMG].
    Then put the cursor right after that and paste your link.
    Then type [/IMG] right after that.
    Done
    Or click on the attach image in the post toolbar and paste the "direct link" Body mentioned.
    Last edited by stangfish; 06-26-2013 at 02:53 PM.

bodywerks
    Oops! Noticed my attempt to show "[IMG.][/IMG.]" didn't quite work in my last post...it should work this time, just don't put the . After IMG

Basic Member
    Here's my new picture posting method.
    I'll come here, tell that I have the picture/s, ask for an emai address, send the pic/s to a volunteer and quit.
    I've put the pic on photobucket, crashed and burned. It's just not that hard, I can post pics other pl;aces very easily.
    joe b.l

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by joeb33050 View Post
    I'll come here, tell that I have the picture/s, ask for an emai address, send the pic/s to a volunteer and quit.
    I've put the pic on photobucket, crashed and burned. It's just not that hard, I can post pics other pl;aces very easily.
    joe b.l
    Nope, don't like it. Not fair to make others do the work, unless you are trying to harvest email addresses (which, honestly, I don't think is your objective) . If you want to post pictures, you can figure out how. Its not that hard and lots of folks who are not as smart as you have been able to do it. Check your PMs. I sent you an offer of assistance about 3.5 hours before you submitted the quoted post. I'm not trying to be mean, but I think you are trainable.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeb33050 View Post
    joe b.l
    Are you trying to use your smart phone to do this? If so, you need to use the full website version of photobucket to get the link to a pic. I have yet to be able to get them through the Mobile site.