This will be relatively long winded so I apologize ahead of time. I won't include all of the pictures (way too many and not the point of this particular thread though I will link to them), but as most of us like to look instead of read, I'll post a few.

This rifle's sole purpose is for NRA Silhouette Smallbore competition. I bought a Savage Mark II G rifle and built from there. I ordered a more suited stock (Safari Rollover from Richard's Microfit), DIP bottom plate, EGW 20MOA Rail, Burris Signature Zee rings. I pillar bedded the rifle. I'm not 100% confident in that aspect as it's my first and only experience with both pillar bedding and seeing a stock that is pillar bedded. I worked the trigger to a crisp 2lbs (lowest I can go and stay within the rules)The scope is a Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32 scope.

That being said, I'm not satisfied with the gun performance wise. I'm not new to Savage rimfires and have been pleased with the performance of all the others, but this one is letting me down. It's my first sporter barrel though.

I used exclusively Wolf Match Target and SK Std+ (500-600 shots) until last week where Lapua Center X and Eley Tenex were tested. It did not care for the Lapua (which is odd) or the Eley at all, averaging roughly 1" at 50yards. It shoots remotely better with the Wolf/SK. The barrel is entirely free floated and action screws were torqued to either 18lbs or 25lbs. I can't remember exactly, but it's in that range. The barrel was cleaned with Hoppes #9 prior to any shots and was cleaned 400ish shots later. I do plan on maybe trying some bore shine, but I've never needed it before.

Am I expecting too much out of the sporter series of the rimfires? Could this be a lemon issue concerning the barrel? The crown does not have any visible burrs to it. The gun did not shoot any better in the original stock prior to me installing it into the new stock.

So...........any suggestions?

Entire Album Here