Thread: Savage Model 25 .22 Hornet magazines not sold on Savage website?

ahiker4u

Angry Savage Model 25 .22 Hornet magazines not sold on Savage website?

Does anyone know about this? I would like to buy 2 more magazines but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I will call Savage Arms tomorrow and ask them what's going on. Just purchased the rifle and would like to get an extra mag or two.

UPDATE:
    I received an answer to my own post: I called Savage Arms today and they informed me they DID have 22Hornet magazines available although not in the fancy retail box. They also said they ship from another wherehouse and confessed the website is not up to date as it should be. I placed my ordered with a credit card over the phone and they said will ship out immediately. My cost was $20 each. Such a deal!
    Last edited by ahiker4u; 06-24-2013 at 03:29 PM.

JLShipley
    Quote Originally Posted by ahiker4u View Post
    Does anyone know about this? I would like to buy 2 more magazines but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I will call Savage Arms tomorrow and ask them what's going on. Just purchased the rifle and would like to get an extra mag or two.

UPDATE:
    I received an answer to my own post: I called Savage Arms today and they informed me they DID have 22Hornet magazines available although not in the fancy retail box. They also said they ship from another wherehouse and confessed the website is not up to date as it should be. I placed my ordered with a credit card over the phone and they said will ship out immediately. My cost was $20 each. Such a deal!
    If you go to site, go to store section, then Part finder, put your serial number of your gun in, part listing for your gun with picture,will come up , you can order parts listed.....thru the store....
    Jim

ahiker4u
    Quote Originally Posted by JLShipley View Post
    If you go to site, go to store section, then Part finder, put your serial number of your gun in, part listing for your gun with picture,will come up , you can order parts listed.....thru the store....
    Jim
    --------
    Sir, thank you for your reply. I did just that only you have to call them directly to purchase because you can't order the magazines on-line. The only magazines that show up in the online store for the Model 25 is .223/204 Ruger. That's what I'm trying to make others aware of.

JLShipley
    Quote Originally Posted by ahiker4u View Post
    --------
    Sir, thank you for your reply. I did just that only you have to call them directly to purchase because you can't order the magazines on-line. The only magazines that show up in the online store for the Model 25 is .223/204 Ruger. That's what I'm trying to make others aware of.
    They much have changed things, that how I order and received 2 magazines for my .17 Hornet?
    Jim

davemuzz
    I'd like to see someone do an after market magazine and bottom metal for the M-25. But then.....I'd like to hit the lotto....like to own a few corvette's so I could drive the second one if the first one was dirty....would like to have a 50-BMG and a pile of factory ammo and when I ran out.....I'd just call and order another 2,000 rounds........bla...bla...bla...

You know.

Dave

JLShipley
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz View Post
    I'd like to see someone do an after market magazine and bottom metal for the M-25. But then.....I'd like to hit the lotto....like to own a few corvette's so I could drive the second one if the first one was dirty....would like to have a 50-BMG and a pile of factory ammo and when I ran out.....I'd just call and order another 2,000 rounds........bla...bla...bla...

You know.

Dave
    Now Dave, don't get upset.........................but your right it would be nice having a metal mag. holding a few more rounds.
    Jim

davemuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by JLShipley View Post
    Now Dave, don't get upset.........................but your right it would be nice having a metal mag. holding a few more rounds.
    Jim
    It's too late Jim....(weeping, weeping) I can't take it anymore.....(louder weeping, louder weeping) I've had it!! I'm going to Gun Broker and buying a 7mm-SWT and then I'll show those groundhogs who's boss!!! :)