Thread: Savage B MAG test next week

maximo

Savage B MAG test next week

Picked up my Savage B MAG Tuesday this week and have 12 boxes of Winchester 17 Super Magnum in 20 gr from Bass Pro. Ordered a Leupold VX-1 3 x 9 scope from Cabelas yesterday. Should have scope mounted and everything ready to go by Thursday next week. Temp to be in the high 90's next Thursday, going to be a early day on my bench. Will post results end of next week.

Frank

Basic Member
    I am going to get a shower while it is still cool out and not raining. Perhaps I can get a few down the pipe. I better wait until 8am for the neighborhood to wake up LOL

I am guessing she's gonna be a talker.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

maximo
    Received my Leupold scope the other day and got the Grand Slam scope rings yesterday. Everything mounted this morning. I have 12 boxes of 20gr ammo to start shooting up. All Varmint's beaware. Be back here soon.

Frank

Basic Member
    Bought my Savage B Mag last week in Montana. Purchased a Vortex 4x12 with Leupold rings. Got the rifle below MSRP. Went to Cabelas to find ammo but none available, as well at several other stores in the area. Gun Broker has several listed at a buck a round, which I find way out of line so they can keep it. Still looking for a couple extra mag's, unk. what they cost.

maximo
    onegreatshot

Have you tried Bass Pro for ammo? I have picked up 12 boxes of ammo on two stops there.

Frank

n4ue
    Hi. Got my Sept issue of Shooting Times today and there is a B Mag on the cover.
    I learned that Savage has been shipping the rifle for about 4 weeks now. I even checked the local Gander Mtn (on line) and they indicated the rifle was in stock. However, I wouldn't bet on it. ha ha
    I have one on order from my LGS.......

ron

Basic Member
    Note: I have been reading posts on other sites and some have stated that the bolt is missing the extractor and of course the spent cartridge will not extract. I believe this to be a production problem with speed. When yours arrives check the bolt face to see if the extractor is installed.. Mine was OK. Savage will promptly repair the problem.

Basic Member
    My Bass Pro which is 52 miles from here does not have any 17 WSM in stock. My local gun shop has not heard of it. G/A has to 2 sellers that want $65.00 + $12.00 shipping for a box. WTF. Midway is showing 15 to 17 bucks a box. Not in stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post
    onegreatshot

Have you tried Bass Pro for ammo? I have picked up 12 boxes of ammo on two stops there.

Frank
    What do you get 20gr or 25gr?

maximo
    The only gr they had was 20gr. That will be fine for the squirrels but out in the open grass plains country we are shooting 200 plus at coyotes and I would like to try the 25gr.

Frank

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post
    The only gr they had was 20gr. That will be fine for the squirrels but out in the open grass plains country we are shooting 200 plus at coyotes and I would like to try the 25gr.

Frank
    I had hoped you had 25gr and wanted to try 20gr. I am hoping to find someone who wants to swap for some 20gr. I think the 25gr shoots better out of mine.