Thread: accutrigger conversion

22addict

accutrigger conversion

im wondering if i can take my standard non accutrigger mark II and convert it with a new trigger group from an accutrigger rifle?

reclaimerroger
    If you have never been to rimfirecentral.com you should try it. Seems to have more people jumping in to help with questions like yours. I just received my first Savage today a MKll GL. Is doesn't have an accutrigger and the trigger is not great. You might be better off with your accutrigger. I haven't had time to try to help the trigger out a little but intend to try.

JCalhoun
    The older non-AT rimfires have horrendous triggers. The quick and easy method to fix them is the brass shim method that is posted on rimfirecentral.

reclaimerroger
    Thanks JCalhoun I am trying to work up enough nerve to attack my trigger. I haven't worked on guns but am fairly mechanically inclined. I can probably screw it up proficiently.

JCalhoun
    If worse comes to worse you can replace it with an aftermarket trigger.

Basic Member
    The non-accutrigger MKII's will not upgrade to an accutrigger because the bolt is completely different.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

reclaimerroger

Smile Did It

Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    If worse comes to worse you can replace it with an aftermarket trigger.
    Tackled the trigger fix. First attempt at shim the shim was too thick. Second one .024 worked fine. I should have just cut my feeler gauge first but had a piece of metal that I thought would work. Had no way of measuring the thickness, but it looked close. After wasting a couple of hours preparing it and installing it I bit the bullet and used my feeler gauge. Replace the sear spring with the famous ball point pen. Had to drill the sear out a little bit. Also shimmed the trigger pin. The gun works fine and what a difference in the trigger. Wish I had a trigger pull gauge. May try one of the jury rigged suggestions to measure it.

waltt7420
    Watch that pen spring as you shoot the rifle. I tried that and the spring failed after a few hundred rounds. At first the trigger wouldn't reset without a re-cock, then it started to slam fire when the bolt was closed.
    I replaced it with a spring from a worn out set of diagonal cutters, still very light but a much better spring than the junk that comes in a pen.

reclaimerroger
    Quote Originally Posted by waltt7420 View Post
    Watch that pen spring as you shoot the rifle. I tried that and the spring failed after a few hundred rounds. At first the trigger wouldn't reset without a re-cock, then it started to slam fire when the bolt was closed.
    I replaced it with a spring from a worn out set of diagonal cutters, still very light but a much better spring than the junk that comes in a pen.
    Thanks Walt, I noticed the pen spring was awfully soft. I will keep my eye out for something more substantial. I fired about 50 rounds today and the trigger was much better but I don't need it to fail because of a junky spring.