Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I received a box of 17WSM today...

Basic Member

I received a box of 17WSM today...

17 HMR, 17 WSM, 17 Hornet
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

JCalhoun
    Very cool.

Nice, how much was a box?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    Nice, how much was a box?
    They were $16.99 on the Sportsman's Warehouse site. I bought some HMR & .204 also to offset shipping.

Basic Member
    Sportsman ware house is sold out as I just checked at 5:15pm central time via the internet 6-21-13.
    How does Sportsman warehouse get a batch of 17 Winchester super mag before, Midway, Cabela's Bass Pro, Ect ?
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymaster View Post
    Sportsman ware house is sold out as I just checked at 5:15pm central time via the internet 6-21-13.
    How does Sportsman warehouse get a batch of 17 Winchester super mag before, Midway, Cabela's Bass Pro, Ect ?

It's not who you know it's who you....oh never mind. Anyway, a guy on RimFireCentral mentioned they had it as I was reading early 1 morning a weekend ago and I checked and sure enough they did so I ordered 1 box. LOL This time last year I started buying 17 Hornet ammo, 6 months before my LGS received my Savage Hornet. I guess I will do the same with the B.Mag

Doodaddy
    I'm really looking forward to the BMag finally coming out. Any words on a more concrete date of that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Torch 2 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    They started shipping early last week from Savage. There is actually a sub site on Savage Arms for the B.Mag now. There is a seller on GB who had listed 25 B.Mags stating he would not have them until the 28th of this month. Looks like that listing closed and he sold 23 of them. There is one on there now that started at $299 and is already up to $380. He claims it is in stock but they look like show pictures.

Doodaddy
    Oh wow. I did not realize that.

I would LOVE to see a user review.

Basic Member
    I have actually held on in my hands, shouldered it and had my check book out and at the ready when I was told I could not buy it

Doodaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    I have actually held on in my hands, shouldered it and had my check book out and at the ready when I was told I could not buy it
    When I read that post, it clicked with me that I had read your thread over on RFC already.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodaddy View Post
    When I read that post, it clicked with me that I had read your thread over on RFC already.
    Indeed :-)

Basic Member

I would LOVE to see a user review.
    same here

Basic Member
    As soon as I can get my hands on one which will be no later than July 20th I will give you my input unless I own one sooner.

Basic Member
    Ordered 2 more boxes tonight.

Basic Member
    Orderd 2 more boxes.
    My I ask where ?
    Would sure like to get 1 box to shot mine.
    Thanks

Here ya go Monkey! At that price I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone buying it out from under ya. lol
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=350958226

This second one's not as bad, but still gouging.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=351642958
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks
    I think ?

Basic Member
    I'm really looking forward to the BMag finally coming out. Any words on a more concrete date of that?

Dicks Sporting Goods in my area has them, regular price is $349. don't know about the ammo.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Here ya go Monkey! At that price I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone buying it out from under ya. lol
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=350958226

This second one's not as bad, but still gouging.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=351642958

That is not gouging, it's capitalism. Even if the reserve is $90 - $100 the seller isn't forcing anyone to bid on his ammo, they are doing it of their own free will.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogandboy View Post
    Dicks Sporting Goods in my area has them, regular price is $349. don't know about the ammo.
    Dick's Sporting Goods in Erie, PA received 1 B.Mag on July 3rd and they sold it the same day. I bet someone knows a manager there...

Basic Member
    Depends on the manager,
    I have ordered Stevens 200 from them in the past and one Dicks store gun manager was very helpful, another in a town 80 miles away did not have a clue as to what I was asking, or simply did not want to deal with me and ordering a gun.
    His attitude was what ever was in the store, was what he would sell, he did not want to click a key pad or pick up the phone.
    I inquired about the B mag from the good manager Dicks for the last 2 months.
    He could not order one because they were not in the corporate data base, warehouse ect, for him to order.
    I had a gun store put a request in to their distributer, I have a B mag in the safe ready for ammo when ever the H_ll that is?
    I have since called the good manager and politly told him I had bought a B mag, and he could take me off the order list.
    Customer service.
    Now, if they could just get some ammunition in.

Basic Member
    Also,
    No problem with people bidding what ever they want to purchase something, it is capitalism.
    I am however very frustrated, that there are stores and shops that have the 17 wsm, yet the bigger guy's like Cabelas, Midway, Bass Pro,and Natchez, do not have any to ship out, or will not ship it out.
    I tend to think, that they DO have the ammo in their warehouse, they are just not releasing it yet.
    I simply can not believe, that Winchester will sell its ammunition to these smaller, less known stores/shops before the bigger retailers.
    Look, I called several Bass Pro shops in the midwest, they all had some 17 wsm to put on their shelves in the store, yet they would not sell it to me over the phone, and or ship it to me, I had to be lucky enough to live by their store and or walk into one.
    So, Bass Pro has the ammunition, they are just not releasing it to on line, or phone orders.
    That is the frustrating part.
    Scheels also stated they had some on the shelves, but it was all sold out, and no over the phone or online sales.
    I do not live next to a Scheels either.
    Gotta go,
    Need to do my daily rimfire ammo check with my phone for 22lr, 22 wmr, and now 17 wsm.
    Wish me Luck

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymaster View Post
    Depends on the manager,
    I have ordered Stevens 200 from them in the past and one Dicks store gun manager was very helpful, another in a town 80 miles away did not have a clue as to what I was asking, or simply did not want to deal with me and ordering a gun.
    His attitude was what ever was in the store, was what he would sell, he did not want to click a key pad or pick up the phone.
    I inquired about the B mag from the good manager Dicks for the last 2 months.
    He could not order one because they were not in the corporate data base, warehouse ect, for him to order.
    I had a gun store put a request in to their distributor, I have a B mag in the safe ready for ammo when ever the H_ll that is?
    I have since called the good manager and polity told him I had bought a B mag, and he could take me off the order list.
    Customer service.
    Now, if they could just get some ammunition in.
    Dick's used to have a "dick's" gun warehouse now everything comes from either Gerry's or Bill Hicks. Even their exclusives. The one manager was trying to order a B.Mag for me and couldn't. Then one randomly showed up yesterday morning. Then it purposefully left around 8:30pm. Like I said, someone must know a manager

Downunderimfire
    I have been following this with interest as it will most likely be months (if not a year or more) before we even get to see OR touch either the B-mag or ammo. I did a bit of googling and came up with a couple or random numbers that "may" help put the ammo shortage in another light. If Winchester "only" had 50,000,000 rounds available, that equals 1,000,000 boxes. If every Gun Shop ordered and was given an equal share of the stock they would get ~ 20 boxes. If every Dealer ordered ammo they would only get ~ 8 boxes. Given that some people have been able to buy 8 boxes of ammo (and I would guess that a LOT of people do not post on here, have also purchased ammo) my guess is that the supply has just run out (or very low). Just a thought :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast