Thread: Savage Factory Barrel

Basic Member

Savage Factory Barrel

Good Afternoon,

I am currently shooting a Savage 223 F/TR with a 7 twist 30" barrel. I would like to find an identical Savage barrel for it so I'll have it when the time comes to change it out. I'm not interested in a non-Savage replacement barrel because a buddy of mine has a Grand-Daughter who wants to shoot it in 600 yard Factory BR. I looked on Jim Briggs website and he doesn't have one listed in stock. I also checked out the SSS website, and all they list are aftermarket barrels. Is my only option to contact Savage and see if they can get one to me?

Ken

stangfish
    Ken, Spend some time in the classified on this and other shooting sites. You may even put a WTB ad out there. Look at sights that cater to accuracy and benchrest shooting. be prepared to spend some coin. Is there any particular reason you don't want to us a Shillen, Krieger, Brux etc....?

Basic Member
    They don't allow aftermarket barrels in Factory Class BR at our local range.

82boy
    Double check your rules, many clubs will not except a gun as "factory" if the roll stamp doesn't line up, and chances are that if you get a barrel the roll stamp will not line up.

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by 82boy View Post
    Double check your rules, many clubs will not except a gun as "factory" if the roll stamp doesn't line up, and chances are that if you get a barrel the roll stamp will not line up.
    There are workarounds.....

What is a roll stamp?

82boy
    The marking on the barrel that says Savage, model, caliber bla bla bla.