Hi All,

First time post here. I recently acquired a Savage 99 in .250-3000. LBC indicates 1954 manufacture. Looks like it was a hunting gun but condition is pretty good overall. Some interesting stuff though got me looking around for info and I came across a little bit of history. The gun has a rubber butt pad with Wiesbaden Gun Club, Wiesbaden Germany marked on it. It also has a cheek rest for a left handed shooter that appears to have been added along with ivory inlays to the original stock. Searching around I found references to Kurt Jaeger, a German gunsmith that did work at the Wiesbaden Gun Club at the American Air Force base in 1950's Germany. I actually found his nephew who worked there as well but moved to the US in early 1950's. His name is Dietrich Apel and he has a site called GermanhuntingGuns.com. Anyway, I sent him some pictures and he said he believed the gun was modified there based on the inlays in the stock, grip cap and the cheek rest. Thought it was some interesting history. Anyway, I have tried to include a photo, not sure if I got that part right.