Thread: Trigger guard bolt release...

Yoshi

Trigger guard bolt release...

Is it possible to change to the side bolt release?

rattfink
    Does anyone know a reason that Savage continues to make both? A uniform system would be nice for after market stuff.

stangfish
    Just thinking out loud, Savage may not care as much about aftermarket as we do. The trigger gaurd bolt release is found on the higher end rifles and most people are not modifying those rifles. On this forum it seams hard to fathom because this is what we do. In fact I bet that in a world without the internet and the shooting/gun forums, most savages would remain almost stock.

Yoshi
    Quote Originally Posted by rattfink View Post
    Does anyone know a reason that Savage continues to make both? A uniform system would be nice for after market stuff.
    Agreed! I wouldn't necessarily mind it, but I am getting an XLR Chassis which is inletted for my LRP that has a side release. Would be nice if my 308 PC was the same so I could use both actions in it.

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Just thinking out loud, Savage may not care as much about aftermarket as we do. The trigger gaurd bolt release is found on the higher end rifles and most people are not modifying those rifles. On this forum it seams hard to fathom because this is what we do. In fact I bet that in a world without the internet and the shooting/gun forums, most savages would remain almost stock.
    You are completely right of course, as often pontificated here, Savage is in the business of selling turn key rifles. But it still makes sense to me to pick a uniform system and go with it. But then if I had all of the answers I would be running a successful arms manufacturer.

FWIW, I ordered a rifle with the trigger guard release, but I also paid more for the accustock so I intend to shoot it from that stock for the foreseeable future. But then you guys are a bad influence and I can't help but wonder what it would look like in a Manners someday...