Thread: Savage Model 11/111 Hog Hunter detachable box magazine

JerichoAssassin

Savage Model 11/111 Hog Hunter detachable box magazine

I am looking to order the Savage Model 11/111 Hog Hunter in .308 WIN. I love all of it's features and I think it would make a great GSR build. The only issue I have with the firearm is that I would rather have it as a detachable box magazine instead of internal. I have heard there are simple ways to convert it but I have no idea what products to look at or where to begin. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

You'll need a DBM and magazine, and your factory or replacement stock inletted for your chosen DBM.

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    You'll need a DBM and magazine, and your factory or replacement stock inletted for your chosen DBM.
    Cha-ching.

Do you want iron sights? There are aftermarket and used stocks available. Cha-ching

Precision carbine

JerichoAssassin
    I am actually planning on building my own stock for this rifle eventually but is there a certain type of magazine and DBM bottom metal that I will need specifically or for best fit for the action?
    Last edited by JerichoAssassin; 06-11-2013 at 09:49 PM.

stangfish
    Depends on your doner action. The design of the DBM frame and trigger gaurd is different for side bolt release than it is for bottom bolt release. There are workarounds but it is good to know what you are getting into.

JerichoAssassin
    Isn't the 11/111 a side bolt release? And does anyone make a floorplate and magazine well (DBM) that would fit that action?

stangfish
    Are you looking for an aftermarket DBM or do you want a stock one. Just this posters opinion but inletting a hog hunter stock for a factory or aftermarket DBM does not make sense from financial standpoint. Hence my previous post. Buy what you want or build what you want. Therefore adding a diferent stock and buying the dbm frame makes more sense. Let me PM you

JerichoAssassin
    I totally agree with you stangfish. I am going to make my own custom wood stock. I am trying to figure out the specific DBM that will fit the action that I can add to the custom stock.

stangfish
    Google is your friend

Option 1) Savage makes a dbm and you can use a Dark Eagle 10rd or you can use the factory cap with your magazine.

Option 2) Find and old Wyatt and purchase their 5 or 10 rd magazines

Option 3)CDI gunworks with AICS magazines

OPtion 4) Accurate Mags Bottom metal and Mags

Option ?)...........................
    There are others. Some are custom inlet and some are drop in. You deside.

The hog hunter is a CF action with the side release. So you will want factory bottom metal for the CF action, or you can go with the something like the CDI bottom metal if you prefer aftermarket and larger capacity mags.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

JerichoAssassin
    Thanks everyone I think that is all I needed to know... I will edit this thread again if having difficulties