Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Savage 10 TR details???

telsonman

Got her yesterday

telsonman
    Quote Originally Posted by 762X51 View Post
    I wonder if it uses the Axis magazines with the plastic retainer on the magazine base plate or the detachable mags where the metal latch is on the bottom metal????
    The retainers are on the mag, but they're metal. There are two tabs on the front and rear of the mag, both metal and part of the mag body. Its like a mag on the precision carbine. Fits very tight.

The accustock is different than the PC. The wedge that goes by the recoil lug is MIA. There is a groove in the bedding for the lug to fit in. Also, the forearm is flared out.

762X51
    Quote Originally Posted by telsonman View Post
    The retainers are on the mag, but they're metal. There are two tabs on the front and rear of the mag, both metal and part of the mag body. Its like a mag on the precision carbine. Fits very tight.
    I'm assuming then that the mag release is a metal part affixed to the bottom metal (magazine frame).

The accustock is different than the PC. The wedge that goes by the recoil lug is MIA. There is a groove in the bedding for the lug to fit in. Also, the forearm is flared out.
    But it is without a doubt an AccuStock? Have you removed the action and seen the Accustock aluminum bedding block?

It appears that the specifications of the 10TR are near identical to the Precision Carbine BUT the TR also includes a one piece scope rail and a tactical bolt handle and 5R rifling all at a SUBSTANTIALLY reduced price??? How does that happen??? Oh and apparently it's also available with a 24" barrel option too???
    Last edited by 762X51; 06-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.

s002wjh
    Got her yesterday
    let us know how it shoot.

thomae
    As several posters indicated earlier in this thread, Savage did away with the wedge in the Accustock years ago. Current Accustocks have not had a wedge for some time.
    Last edited by thomae; 06-21-2013 at 08:28 AM.

telsonman
    Quote Originally Posted by 762X51 View Post
    I'm assuming then that the mag release is a metal part affixed to the bottom metal (magazine frame).

Correct. Just like on the precision carbine. Its just a tab in front of the mag

But it is without a doubt an AccuStock? Have you removed the action and seen the Accustock aluminum bedding block?

It appears that the specifications of the 10TR are near identical to the Precision Carbine BUT the TR also includes a one piece scope rail and a tactical bolt handle and 5R rifling all at a SUBSTANTIALLY reduced price??? How does that happen??? Oh and apparently it's also available with a 24" barrel option too???
    Right. Its an accustock. Had an accustock sticker, and I saw the bedding when I removed the stock to lessen the trigger. To me it is the precision carbine, with a scope mount. It has 5R rifling, and about $300 cheaper. There is a 24" barrel model, which is model 19983

s002wjh
    wonder if there is any review on how it shoots.

762X51
    Thanks telsonman!!! It would appear that at the price Savage is offering these rifles for that there has never been a better deal offered for a rifle with such features! Thanks again for all the clarification telsonman!

telsonman
    I've been hearing they are marketed for LEO's, which I am, but that distributors are getting them in too, and can get them to the public. I expected that I'd have to fax my ID or something to get in on one, but I didn't. Its a sweet setup.

brasse
    The photos I have seen clearly show an Accustock sticker on the stock, and every gun store states Accustock. But many don't even have a photo of it. Like some dark secret. The metal bottom plates and metal magazines are usually on the $850-950 Savage rifles. So yeh, how did the manage to price the 10TR so low? That is why I jumped on one. $456 to door, no sales tax and no shipping. Will have to pay FFL dealer $30, and no background check as I has a CCW permit. That has saved me 5 times $25 this year alone.

Come on 7.62x51, jump now I know you want one, and thomae too! Heck I want another one already.

The only thing not to love is the smooth barrel nut. But paying $456 for a $900 rifle is a no brainer. Some one should tell the VP to stop the shot gun crap and go with the Savage 10TR

Team Savage
    Tried to order one and can't find them in stock anywhere :'(

brasse
    Just picked mine up, sweeeeeeet!!!!!

NO SCOPE RAIL will have to call Savage Monday.

It weighs 8.46 pounds with magazine, no scope rail.

Muzzle diameter at brake area 0.80 inches

Have other rails and a couple of scopes, will shoot tomorrow. Got my new JP muzzle brake, two HUGE side ports and 4 tiny ones on top.

Range report tomorrow.

telsonman
    **** you. I'm still waiting on my scope rail. I need to find some TPS rings in stock too.

give it a go......let-er-rip!....and tell us how she does I say.............

brasse
    My hope is twenty rounds with no pain. Then I keep it. If I can't sleep tomorrow night the barrel will come off and be sold.

Shooting Nosler Match Grade Ammunition 308 Winchester 155 Grain Custom Competition Box, Muzzle Velocity: 2850 fps .

stangfish

brasse
    I have two of these and probably would get another. No shimmer at 25 power in 112 degrees heat. Each click 1/8 MOA

http://swfa.com/Sightmark-85-25x50-T...ope-P9047.aspx

i have that exact brk on mine

brasse
    The Savage 10TR is nearly perfect as is.

The Accu-Stock feels great, butt pad is better than the Model 16s that I have.

I really like the metal bottom magazine, 1000% better than the plastic Axis/10 and 16 Trophy Hunter models.

The Tactical Trigger is nice, although I like the rounded tactical trigger better.

The JP muzzle brake is AWESOME, reduces recoil to less than my 6.5 Creedmoor, about the same as my 6.8 SPC.

Have not adjusted the Accu-trigger yet. But now that I am going to keep the rifle it will get adjusted down. I like about 2-2.5 pounds.

These are at 200 yards 95 degrees; wind about 8 mph from 160 degrees. Most of shots were Armscore 147 grain, only $18 at the range. Not sure if the are with Bitterroot Valley.

Basic Member
    Hi, guys,

I've registered to the forum specificaly because of this thread

Savage 10 TR is (to be) my first precision rifle and I had to wait for the order since February until it finally(!) came to Europe.
    I haven't found any proper description nor good pictures online before arrival itself (18.6.).
    Now, the rifle is at home and I can share some pics, following telsonman and brasse above.

Here you can find my photos, I hope outter forum link is allowed:
    http://forum.mujglock.com/post116737.html#p116737
    (...otherwise please let me know, I can repost pictures directly later...)

Hope you like it

Basic Member
    Starosta, Excellent pics. Thanks.

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by Starosta View Post
    Now, the rifle is at home and I can share some pics...
    Here you can find my photos, I hope outter forum link is allowed:
    http://forum.mujglock.com/post116737.html#p116737
    (...otherwise please let me know, I can repost pictures directly later...)...
    Read the post titled The ultimate guide to posting pictures...so easy a caveman can do it!

in the Help and FAQs section of the forum.

GSRswapandslow
    Best friend has one....replaced the junk factory stock with a slightly better HS one....shoots 1 ragged hole at 100yds with 178's over barber in lapua brass with CCI lr

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Basic Member
    thomae: OK, let's have linked pics in here

brasse
    Hey I like the specs look good even when not English, and he takes great pics. Looks like the 5R Obermayer rifling got lost in translation:

Jedná se o Savage Arms 10 TR LE, v ráži 308Win:
    - 20" těžká hlaveň se závitem na příslušenství (button rifled, twist 1:10)
    - AccuStock - duralový full-tang bedding, rozšířené předpažbí se dvěma body pro uchycení nožek/popruhu
    - AccuTrigger - stavitelná spoušť s pojistkou v jazýčku spouště
    - letmo uložená hlava závěru
    - zásobníková šachta, kapacita 4+1
    - jednodílná lišta EGW, zřejmě beze sklonu
    - taktická páka závěru
    - garance nástřelu SubMOA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast