Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Savage 10 TR details???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    brasse

Savage 10 TR details???

Savage 10TR .308 20" Threaded/capped barrel & a detachable flush mount 4rd magazine model.

Anyone know more about it?? Does it have an accustock?

Looks like it has a different type of tactical bolt handle?

I assume it has the bottom bolt release???

Is the 5R barrel good? I assume standard 308 muzzle break would work?

If you take off the accustock recoil pad, I assume the action would fit any other short action DBM stock?

brasse
    Found out from photos it does have an accustock.

thomae
    Nice job on the photos, Starosta! You are a quick learner.

stangfish
    What makes it an accustock?

brasse
    Here is a photo someone had posted on what the 10 TR looks like. It comes in a 5R 20 and 24 inch barrels. They look about Varmit contour, or Tactical.

I bought one Saturday on line. Hasn't shipped yet as far as I know. I plan on selling the barrel, the tactical bolt handle and the accustock with recoil and wedge.

brasse
    Accustock decal! Don't you hang out at the Creedmoor forum?

Actually Accustock has an additional bolt ahead of the front magazine, this tightens a wedge into the recoil lug, as far as I can figure out.

stangfish
    That stock does is not the same one that I saw on the Savage 10 TR pictures. That is the Shot show display stock. I am reading that it does have an accustock on the hide though.
    Last edited by stangfish; 06-10-2013 at 08:26 PM.

There's a similar rifle to the 10TR called the 10P (not FP). The 10P is basically identical (308, BA bolt knob, DBM w/ bottom bolt release) and comes with 20" unthreaded or 18" threaded models.

JoeBobOutfitters has them in stock, and they are often on Gunbroker as well.

brasse
    The 10 TR is plain beautiful to me. I would really like to put a real good (Weatherby?) muzzle brake and shoot 308 all day long.

Unfortunately the 6.5 Creedmoor is just a tiny bit above my limit. Even with a Shilen bull barrel and heavier stock, I still yip at times. I have actually shot better at 200 yards than 100 due to factors like shoulder pain that day. That leaves the 308 to my younger brother who has a beautiful police sniper rifle (Savage). But he shoots one round for every 200 I shoot. I doubt he has shot 15 rounds through his 308, I had 63 through the stock Creedmoor sporter barrel and am up to another 200 through the Shilen.

think I got the photos over at the Hide too, good stuff there. I just started shooting rifles in Jan 2012, at 65 I enjoy the time at the range. Learn something every day.

stangfish
    That very stock came in two different configurations. Accustock and non accustock. My basic research based on hearsay says this one is an accustock. I have no way of proving it though. Very handsome rifle for a tacticool tool. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

brasse
    I take it the 10P is not the same as the 10 Precision Carbine?

It looks like the 10P does not have an accustock and is nearly $150 more expensive (at least at JoeBobs). $620 for a 10P vs. $450-470 for a 10TR.

Both the 10P and 10TR have 5R rifling, I thought only Krieger did 5R

stangfish
    Remington M24 has 5R rifling.

brasse
    Just read that on the Krieger site.

Basic Member
    The later Accustocks got rid of the wedge shaped bolt that early ones had and now only have the aluminum insert/cradle in the stocks that is shown in red in the pictures.

brasse
    Well I will take photos when mine gets here. I assume the recoil pad is still different?

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
    I assume the recoil pad is still different?
    Pad or Lug?

telsonman
    I just want to know as many details before i order one

tnelson079
    IMG_20140131_141910_758[/IMG] Savage 10tr 24" barrel 308 cal

brasse
    Use Google, there isn't much info out there on the TR. Gun stores don't even have photos of the gun.

telsonman
    Google doesn't even have much.

The accustock has a full length aluminum bedding block. The action bolts pull the action down between the rails into an aluminum V. The full legnth bedding block prevents the dreaded "stock flex" that seemed to be the major complaint about the factory tupperware. The wedge was done away with some time back because of users having problems re installing them to the same torque, which caused point of impact shifts.
    This seems to be a nearly identical setup to the model 10 precision carbine and is an outstanding bargain. I love my 10PC and see no difference in the specs except this one apparently comes with a rail and doesn't sport the digital camo which I can live without anyway. Rails can get pricy real quick so it's just icing on the cake. The only thing I can figure and this is purely speculation is that it probably has the crappy Edge/Axis finish that chips at the drop of a hat.
    Still a package with many desirable features at an awesome price. I checked and one of my local shops has a couple at $459 and the owner is begging someone to buy them before he takes em home. :)

Darn it now you have me seriously considering another toy I don't really need.

PS: The threads are 5/8x24 so most standard 30 cal flash hiders and brakes like JP, Miculek and others for a 30 cal AR will thread right on. There is a difference in the recoil lug on the accustock models and the bolt release is under the trigger guard so you probably wont find a drop in stock replacement with this model. (YET) Really not sure why you would want to I love the function of the stock on my 10 PC.
    Last edited by big honkin jeep; 06-13-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

brasse
    At a Cabelas' in Washington. Looking at the stainless Bear Hunter (300 win mag) the stock was REALLY nice Accustock. Light but no flexing.

OK darn it!
    Thanks for feeding my addiction. Now I just gotta have another Savage and it might as well be another LE series rifle. Especially one with the desirable features this one has. One of the local gun stores has one available for $450+ tax and is holding it for my pickup next week.
    My heart thanks you but my wallet sticks it's tongue out at you.
    BHJ
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

fighter25
    I have looked for this gun and have yet to find it. It seems like such a deal. The closest gun from savage is like $400 more and it's the same gun? How does that work?

s002wjh
    Quote Originally Posted by fighter25 View Post
    I have looked for this gun and have yet to find it. It seems like such a deal. The closest gun from savage is like $400 more and it's the same gun? How does that work?
    i'm curious about this too. seem the spec is similar to fp-sr/fcpk. so did savage give up something? to make to this price?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast