Thread: northland shooters supply

okiehunt

northland shooters supply

I have heard they are good to deal with when building a custom rifle but do they not have a website because i cant find it if they do.

din
    No, they don't have a website. You just call Jim and spend a little while talking over what you're looking for, he'll get you sorted.

Uncle Jack
    Call Jim.....where?

uj

Basic Member
    I placed an order with Jim a while back when getting all the tools and stuff to start swapping barrels, and it was the easiest transaction I've ever made over the phone. He read back all the info from my debit card, reviewed my order list with me and even called me that evening to notify me my purchase was shipped and the ETA on the package. I thought other guys on here were kidding when they said how spectacular his service was, but it was confirmed all true when I ordered. I too wish he had a website, but it was actually pleasant to be reminded there are business people out there who do have manners, can speak fluently and clearly, and make you feel like you spent your money at the best possible place, over the phone. Give him a call, and be patient getting through as he is quite busy.

stangfish
    There is no question about it. He sells service as much as gunstuff.

Basic Member
    Jim is the best, you will be well served giving him a call.

EOD350
    You can find him on this site under Northland Shooters Supply. He is a very smart and kind man. Excellent C/S.

okiehunt
    Thanks guys just started rolling around the idea of building a custom long range rifle so was wanting to look at some of the available options for stocks, barrels and things but sounds like when I know what I want though I will give Jim a call.

Basic Member
    Talking to Jim (or his wife) will help you get to know more about what you want. Some things look good on paper, but when you talk your ideas and purposes thru with a guy like Jim, it all comes together without a lot of the "wish I would have", and "I forgot to" regrets.

Just set some time aside for an actual phone conversation. You will be happy you did

Basic Member
    Give him a call now, he will steer you in the right direction.

BullHauler
    Whether your building a custom for long range or just want another hunting rifle doesnt matter because you can build a custom cheaper than you can buy a nice factory rifle and it will shoot better. Make the call to Jim and you wont be dissapointed:-)

okiehunt
    Yeah anything I build will be hunted with for sure just maybe something a little heavier than your everyday hunting rifle. I would like to shoot 1000yds but the problem is finding somewhere to do it. The range I go to has a 1000yd range but it is only for competitions because it actually shoots over the rest of the range. My 25-06 I would fell pretty confident in out to 5-600 yds but beyond that I dont know.

Jim knows the products he sells
    he knows exactly what part your gonnna need to go with the one you want
    and he has the best CS you will find anywhere

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by okiehunt View Post
    Yeah anything I build will be hunted with for sure just maybe something a little heavier than your everyday hunting rifle. I would like to shoot 1000yds but the problem is finding somewhere to do it. The range I go to has a 1000yd range but it is only for competitions because it actually shoots over the rest of the range. My 25-06 I would fell pretty confident in out to 5-600 yds but beyond that I dont know.
    Do you shoot at Red Castle?

okiehunt
    Yeah red castle is where I shoot...

brasse
    Ordered two more Northland barrel nuts, another recoil lug and a target accu-trigger spring today. Always a perfect place to order, and Brenda calls back later saying order is shipped. Sweet.

icon_636
    Placed my first order with Northland yesterday. After the service received I'm sure it won't be my last.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by okiehunt View Post
    Yeah red castle is where I shoot...
    I shoot at Red Castle too. I just finished a Savage 270 build that I've been doing a lot of load development for. Trying to get a good load for the 600 yard line.

okiehunt
    Yeah smax this build when I do it will be for around that mark also except mine will be a 280 rem always liked that round but never owned one.