Thread: More 17 Hornet blues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    leo158
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Old Boy View Post
    glad I did not find one now. I'll get a ruger.
    NO!!!! I waited for the savages to come out. After seeing the ruger I figured I would wait till one hit the local shelf. I thought it looked way better than savages also. Well I picked one up along with a case of ammo that took another 2 weeks to find after purchase of gun. I ran 3 boxes through the Ruger (75 rnds). My groups was over 2 inches at 100yrds. For almost 800$,no this is not going to work.
    I have the dies,bullets but no powder. I want MOA with factory ammo from this new gun I bought. After further inspection,I noticed my primers where easing out a little. Not bad,but could feel them with a credit card when scratched the bottom of the cases. I called ruger and told them the problem. They wanted my rifle returned to them to check it out. They sent Post paid label to my email.I shipped my rifle to them. They recieved my rifle on may 31. I called them the week of june 17th. They have not even looked at my rifle yet. I called them the following week on a wedsday the 26th, They have just started to look at my gun that morning the woman had said after I gave her my RMA number I think it was. She said we will let you know by email by friday the 28th. I checked my email fri evening nothing. I waited till yesterday the 3rd of july to call them. Guess what,They are on vacation till monday the 8th. That is uncalled for. I wish I would of done more reviews on the ruger. I would not of touched that rifle. I just ordered a CZ varmint in the 17 hornet and it should be here in 2 weeks.
    I just hope I can get the ruger to shoot better than MOA as some have done with reloads. The 2 piece bolt is what is said to be the accuracy issues with the ruger 77. And also after like 3 or 4 rounds the bolt also got sticky a bit. I am pretty sure I got it cleaned out well,dont think its from the factor lube in the chamber that was making it stick. But anyway,I would suggest also to stay away from the rugers 77. The rotary mag worked great though.

Also replaced that heavy weight trigger with a brownell adjustable trigger. Breaks clean at about 2lbs but still have 2 inch 100 yrd groups.
    Last edited by leo158; 07-05-2013 at 03:21 AM.