Thread: Improving ejection ...

Basic Member

Improving ejection ...

Guys,
    Can someone give me a quick overview of how to make ejection more vigorous from a Stevens 200 in 308Win? Shells currently trickle out and I'd like them to clear the receiver a bit more emphatically.
    Cheers...
    Con

stangfish
    Remove the ejector plunger and spring. Clean and lubricate. Ensure the spring is not broken. Replace or repair any parts not functioning correctly.

All savage bolt head ejector parts should fit if they were manufactured in the last decade with a few exceptions.

*You will need a small drift punch and a small hammer as well as a plastic bag to catch the flying parts.*
    Last edited by stangfish; 05-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Basic Member
    Cool, will go through it and check all is fine. Haven't swapped a barrel over for awhile on any of my Stevens rifles, did so last week and noticed that as a 243Win ejection seemed to have become a bit 'softer'.
    Cheers...
    Con

Basic Member
    Savage made a small design change in their ejectors.

They have incorporated a follower (LEFT) to help keep the spring from bending up like a salted slug which has the same effect as shortening it. The follower also restricts how far it can go into the bore so it can't over compress the spring. AFAIK the springs are the same as before. With the other mods, a .140" extractor ball and allowing a little more ejector protrusion, ejection shouldn't be a problem. So far I've retro fitted three of my actions.

The new style ejector, spring and retaining pins can be ordered directly form Savage, they're not restricted parts.
    https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
    Last edited by BillPa; 05-27-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPa View Post
    Savage made a small design change in their ejectors.

They have incorporated a follower (right) to help keep the spring from bending up like a salted slug which has the same effect as shortening it. The follower also restricts how far it can go into the bore so it can't over compress the spring. AFAIK the springs are the same as before. With the other mods, a .140" extractor ball and allowing a little more ejector protrusion, ejection shouldn't be a problem. So far I've retro fitted three of my actions.

The new style ejector, spring and retaining pins can be ordered directly form Savage, they're not restricted parts.
    https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/

Isn't the new one on the left?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handirifle View Post
    Isn't the new one on the left?
    LoL, yes it is, the other left!
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    Can anyone supply me with a part number? Being in Australia, the local importer has verified Savage is saying they've upgraded the ejector pins as pictured.

Is the new ejector pin style a 'drop-in' fit for a Stevens 200 centre-feed model? I think from memory my serial number places the receiver prior to when the Savage part-finder works.
    Cheers...
    Con

Basic Member
    Ejector - P/N 100129
    Spring - ejector P/N 100131

They're the same P/Ns as before.

Yes, they are a direct replacement.

Bill

Basic Member
    Thank you.
    Cheers...
    Con