Thread: New 264 Win Mag on the way!

Basic Member

New 264 Win Mag on the way!

Well after much discussion on this sight and several back and forth I had finally pulled the trigger on a new 264 Win Mag. I ordered the barrel from Jim almost 7 months ago.... Guess Shilen was a little back ordered.... Well after a not so patient wait it finally arrived today! I am like a kid at Christmas!!!! Not gonna get in any hurry tho cause I still have to send off the bolt body to be flutted.... and maybe a new trigger.... But she is actually gonna happen.

I want to say thank you all for your advise on this project. I will keep you informed how it comes together....

Ryan
    MOAON AABE

264 WinMag a man after my own heart, there is no denying that is one nasty round.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

You are probably going to shoot 140s or something of the sort, but if ever you want to turn that rig into they ultimate varmint set up,
    I have some 85gr Sierra HP loads that travel @ 4200+ FPS, and defy gravity well past 500 yards.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    4200 FPS!!!! Holly Batman, is that fast! I started this out to shoot 140's for antelope but as I did not draw a tag AGAIN this year.... Smoking some yotes would be awesome......

Ryan
    MOAON AABE

You can get 4000 FPS easy, and not even be close to signs of pressure.

Dean

Basic Member
    Dean,

I just got it all together! Setting the headspace took a little more than I expected but its done! It was my first time setting the headspace on a belted mag. I used one of your bolt lift kits! Its smooth as butter!!!!! Its a little shorter throated than I was hoping but I dont think its going to be an issue at all. Im waiting on my rings to get here to shoot it.
    MOAON AABE

Sounds good, what rings?

Dean

Basic Member
    I went with with Burris extreme tactical...... I love those rings! They are bullet proof and dont move.
    MOAON AABE