Thread: Vortex availability

Basic Member

Vortex availability

Anyone know what's going on with Vortex Viper PST's?? I see that Midway has them back ordered and not showing availability until November! I have one ordered direct from Vortex through a special program at work that gives me a good discount, but I'm not waiting until November to get it. Nor do I care to order it from somewhere else and pay twice as much as my program price.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Westcliffe01
    Have you checked cameralandny.com ? They were selling Vortex long before the big box stores.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    CameraLand, SWFA.
    I've used both & they're great to do business with.

Also, did you look at our classified section? I saw a couple Vortex Vipers for sale there....

I wouldn't get a scope from Planet Optics (or Optics Planet. They list both names on Bing) if they were giving them away. Not even if they offered to drive over & mount it on my rifle.
    They jerked me around last year & I vowed - Never Again...
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Westcliffe01
    They are very popular scopes. You have to spend substantially more to get anything that is even close. I waited at least 2 months last year for my 4-16x50 PST FFP and later I got lucky when they let go a demo 6-24x50 for a killer deal. I'm not sorry I waited. This year it took me nearly 6 months to get an 8lb jug of powder and I have not yet found magnum primers in 6 months, so things are still tough out there.

Look at the price of a Leupold Mk4 or the NF NXT and you will know why at times there are waiting lists for Vortex scopes.

Basic Member
    I heard that they had some bugs to work out of the first ones that came out. I thought that was why they were hard to get? I'm sure they've gotten that worked out by now though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
    Have you checked cameralandny.com ? They were selling Vortex long before the big box stores.

CameraLand, SWFA.
    I've used both & they're great to do business with.

Also, did you look at our classified section? I saw a couple Vortex Vipers for sale there....
    Remember guys, I'm buying DIRECT FROM VORTEX at a killer price through a program associated with my work. I'll pay 50% less than anywhere else by using this program, for a new scope, not one from the classified section.

I spoke to Vortex today. It's indeed a long wait. By canceling the order and placing a new one for the FFP, they say I should get it in about a month.

Exactly what model are you getting?

...and you wanna order some half-price PSTs for us too???

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    Exactly what model are you getting?

...and you wanna order some half-price PSTs for us too???
    I getting the Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP w/ EBR-1 MOA reticle

Sorry, no can do. You must work for a Vortex dealer. It's a great program though. You have to complete the vendors online training and pass the test, then you can order direct from them at a discount. Not all companies offer a huge discount, but Vortex sure does!

I bought my S&W M&P direct from S&W, no shipping or tax, and no x-fer fee (cause I'm a dealer) Cost me $375 :)

palerider338
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Solo View Post
    I getting the Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP w/ EBR-1 MOA reticle

Sorry, no can do. You must work for a Vortex dealer. It's a great program though. You have to complete the vendors online training and pass the test, then you can order direct from them at a discount. Not all companies offer a huge discount, but Vortex sure does!

I bought my S&W M&P direct from S&W, no shipping or tax, and no x-fer fee (cause I'm a dealer) Cost me $375 :)
    Have the very same scope.....LOVE it !! Their CS is great too.....ran short of shims to set up the CRS....sent an email and they sent me a dozen free within 1 day. Can't beat that.

BTW....I find that the cross hairs work fine for my eyes....your results may vary.
    Last edited by palerider338; 05-29-2013 at 03:31 PM.

davidwilsenf
    There are several models of vortex scope available and you can do a comparative review before buying. I had a super deal with Eurooptic. No problem with them and also looking to buy another red dot scope from them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwilsenf View Post
    There are several models of vortex scope available and you can do a comparative review before buying. I had a super deal with Eurooptic. No problem with them and also looking to buy another red dot scope from them.
    these are great people to deal with. great website also. calling just might get a better deal.
    dave wisen, dave wilsen, seems to me i know a dave wilsen from pa.

i ordered mine through a work related program back in febuary and was told i may not see my pst's tell possibly may -sept. big gap there
    and im only getting the 6-24x50 moa no ffp

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calib View Post
    i ordered mine through a work related program back in febuary and was told i may not see my pst's tell possibly may -sept. big gap there
    and im only getting the 6-24x50 moa no ffp
    calib...is it the 3point5.com program? If so, same here. I was told November on the same scope, but by upgrading to the FFP, I was told 30 days.

LanceS4803
    I have had a Viper Vortex HS 4-16X44 on order since Feb 5th.
    Last message was that Vortex may have it built by the end of June.

Basic Member
    One of the guys at the shop has had a vortex on order since early January, when he ordered it initially it was only an 8 week wait, he still is waiting on it!

I went to their booths at shot show and talked to some of the guys and they are only about 15 miles out of my way, they told me I should stop by some day for a tour. I'm thinking I should do that and see if I can make a connection to get some glass.

LanceS4803
    Might be worth a try.
    Apparently everything gun related (except shotgun stuff), got slammed in December.
    I'm still waiting for my new barrel to come in, so the wait doesn't mean much.

Basic Member

Update !!!

I switched my PST order to FFP from the original SFP order, as Zach told me it would be quicker. He was correct !
    New order was placed on 5-28-13 and just shipped 6-19-13. That's just 3 weeks to get my PST.
    I should be sighting it in on Tuesday.

LanceS4803
    I have an FFP on my long range rifle, but really couldn't justify the extra expense for the FFP on my hunting rifle.
    Kind of regretting it now, but according to Vortex, I should be getting the scope by the end of the month.
    Maybe.

Basic Member
    Until it starts to catch on to the regular shooter FFP will always be in stock. I just changed to FFP and I think I'll be fine. More pros than cons.

Basic Member
    New Viper 6-24 x 50 FFP arrived today, 27 days from order date.
    It is cool to watch the crosshairs grow and shrink, but it will take some work to get used to the 2 MOA subtension marks. I can see it being easy to screw that up until I have some time on this scope. The SFP has 1 MOA subtensions. I think the reticle would be useless at anything under 10 +/- power as the crosshairs are just too small to see with my old eyes. I knew that going in, but I don't plan on ever shooting this rifle at anything under 16x. Scope was mounted on my F Class Savage with a 20moa base and Burris Extreme Tactical rings. Bore sighting was a snap. I'll be shooting tomorrow AM.