Thread: Experiences With Brux

blueline1911

Experiences With Brux

I have already committed to SSS for a Brux barrel in .222 with a 1-14 twist, but was wondering how some of you all are liking them?

Just out of curiosity, who is the lady that answers the phone at SSS? She is probably the nicest lady I have ever spoken to, much less ordered something from. It was kind of nice for a change to speak with someone that had a personality.

Dirk

Re: Experiences With Brux

That would be Lisa Moreo, Fred Moreo's wife and partner. She is sweet and her nickname is Peaches.

groupshooter22

The Brux I got from SSS is awesome. Shoots great and cleans quick. You wont be disappointed. Have patience they are very busy. I waited about 7 months for mine but it was worth the wait. Its a 6BR Norma and so far its shooting .285" average and its not quite broke in yet. My best 5 shot group at 100 so far is a .106" that I could have bettered the last time I went out but fired a tight case into the group and opened my 4 shot .070 group up to .327!

blueline1911

Glad to hear you're pleased with the barrel. I got lucky as Lisa, as I know now, said she had ordered two extras about 2 weeks ago and Brux was giving her a 5 week delivery time. She tagged my name on the .22 caliber extra so 3 weeks plus chambering time and I'll be into this hopefully before the spring woodchucks!

sinman

best barrels I have ever worked with. I did one for a guy in 223ai and his fireforming loads shot .171" groups at 100 (5shots) he was happy

pa hog

Just got a Brux 26" 1-8"twist .243Win from S.S.S. waiting on a stock to get it shooting.

jrmy_1

My gunsmith just ordered a SS MTU blank for me in .308. Will finish out at 30". Heard really good things.

Good to here waiting on my 6.5x55 barrel ;D action is back from SSS so really anxious to get my barrel and start load testing.
    Bob

82boy

I have seen good things with Brux barrels. I have one on order.

I got one on order also. A 28" large shank straight tube in 260 with a muzzle brake, from SSS. I have read good things on many forums about them, and am excited about tryin one out.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood