Thread: CDI Precision

Basic Member

CDI Precision

Well this is a post about customer service, some good some bad. The story has to be told before we can get to the end. The beginning of the year i decided to change my trusty Savage model 10 to a DBM and i wanted it to use AICS mags. So i called the best (IMHO) Jeff at CDI Precision. Now Jeff has a reputation here and many other boards that is top notch, great c.s. and the product is a very nice piece. Well i needed Bottom metal for a 4.25 screw spacing short action and mags. They were out of the bottom metal and mags were on Obama scare back order, how ever jeff said if i can find a dbm he would get my stock done asap.

I go looking and low and behold Midway has AI mags and the bottom metal, so i scrounged up the extra cash and order. When it got here i looked at it, checked the mags for fit and every thing was perfect so i thought. Few weeks go by and i get the extra cash i ship my stock to CDI the week after Shot Show. Took about a week and a couple days Jeff had it done and back to me. I stuck it all in the safe, i was trying to get my benchrest rifle together and a couple weeks went by. Well about a month and a half ago i dig out everything and start assembly, set my barreled action in my jig dropped my stock on set the bottom metal on and now the screws. Now here is where it all goes south, front screw hole is off so i look at the package and right part number get the caliper's out and boom the dbm is for the 4.440 spacing. Go to the midway sight print out the form double check their inventory and yes it is still in stock.

So i do all the paper work send it off with an extra sheet what is wrong,where it came from,who to send back to and phone number. Well midway gets it checks it out finds it was packaged wrong and what do they do, send it to and address in somewhere in Texas. Now in 2009 i did a secret Santa deal on another forum and 1 time had something shipped there so that's how the address comes in to play. They told me that is how they found out it was shipped wrong because it was damaged during shipping.Then they tell me they tried to call but had wrong number, but when i check my account my 2 numbers are right. So i email back no problem just send it to me hear in Va. Well we only had one in stock so we are issuing you midway money instead. What????

Then i emailed Jeff at CDI to see if he could drop ship one to me. I sent another email to Midway i said well it say's you expect it the end of June and it is B/O ok just apply my Midway money to it and i will be first in line, and by the way all i see is the $5.80 i spent in shipping where is the rest. The response i got
    was you can only use Midway money on items that are in stock, so i am screwed do not have another stock and even if i find bottom metal i really don"t have the extra cash right now.

Some people here know me i went through 3 back surgeries in 2011 and was out of work for a year and a half, haven't really put that out there as public info so now when i say i didn't have an extra $225.00 you know what i mean. Couple phone calls to midway and still no DBM, i had already emailed Jeff and didnt want to bother him again so i just said screw it i will wait until Midway gets it back in stock use the midway money and reorder. I was just gonna live with that decision.

Now for the good news (i know you read all this and said about Friggen time) I got an email today from CDI, now They really have nothing to do with this it was not there fault it was Midways for doing all they did and mine for not checking the DBM as soon as i got it. Well the email is from Pam and she said sorry it all happened and she would show Jeff the email and see if there was anything they could do and they would get back to me today. After lunch today i got another email from CDI it was Pam, Jeff told her she can send me another bottom metal AT NO CHARGE!!!!!! Now it is not even there problem and they are sending me new parts at no cost it made my friggen day.

Midway gives me a hard time,sends parts to wrong address sticks me with Midway money, will not give me first shot at one when it does come in. Jeff sends me new parts at no charge, dam i am glad in these times there are people at companies who do things like this that cost them money but helps out a customer. Then you have these big co. walk all over you (and this is my second battle with Midway and it will be the last) run prices up on ammo, reloading supplies, AR 15 parts and mags WTF???? Like i said Jeff if you read this what you did means alot and i really do appreciate it more than you will ever know!!!!!
    THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
    Paul
    AKA pdm25150
    CDI Precision the best customer service and some of the finest parts in the buisness!!!!!
    Last edited by pdm25150; 05-20-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    savge 10 fp shooter

Good to know.
    After years of good service from Midway I recently had a bad experience with their back orders myself.
    The way I was treated left a bad taste and I think I'll be shopping elsewhere for a while myself.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

masterblaster
    Yeah I had a bad experience with the =m a couple of times but net net they are still one of the better providers. The other big one CTD will never see a $ from me again, gougers.

EAW
    +1 For CDI - Jeff and Pam are Stellar!

As to Midwayusa I have had good luck with them so far. But what ticks me off is how whenever I have a product notification setup and I get on the website in less than 5 minutes the item is already sold out cause they had to fill "back orders" but yet they won't let me back order!!! I think at this point I'm 2 for 10 or so on product notifications with Midway... meaning 2 out of 10 times I was actually able to get the product after getting on the website in less than 15.

Team Savage
    Midwayusa has changed lately. I suspect shipping and cust service management have changed and not for the better.

Spilled milk but I check everything to the nth degree when I get it. Midway will take anything back for a refund, but if it has been
    too long you get it back in midway dollars. That said I have had them convert midway money to a refund a couple of times.

One time I ordered a 338 fed barrel.
    They sent me a 338-06 bbl returned it and asked them next time to actually check the bbl mark.
    Sent it back for an exchange and guess what I got back - another 338-06 bbl.

I called and asked for the manager and I told him the wrapping was mis-marked.
    I asked him to personally go and check the actual marking on the barrel himself and he did and found a 338 fed bbl.

They sent me that barrel for free.

I've had nothing but excellent service with Midway. No exceptions.