Thread: SSS Competition Trigger or the Target Accu Trigger

blt65

SSS Competition Trigger or the Target Accu Trigger

I got a SSS Competition Trigger for my birthday and after installing it I have mixed feelings. It definately is a nice crisp solid breaking trigger but seems to be a little heavier of a trigger then my stock accutrigger. I prefer the SSS because of the consistancy and crispness of it as opposed to the light mushy (at times inconsistant)accutrigger. Also once the accutrigger gets lightened to a certain point it no longer is reliable because of closing the bolt and tripping the sear issue. Please note I am not dissing the accutrigger, for a stock trigger it is a safe and light trigger. Probably the best your going to get on a factory gun (pistol or rifle) My question is does anyone else have opinions on this matter? Thanks.

You need to fire quite a few rounds to break in the new trigger.It will get somewhat lighter as time goes by.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

I have 1 target accu trigger and 2 Rifle Basix Sav-2's. As far as I'm concerned the Sav-2 is the best out there. Safe and reliable.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Shakey Jakey
    Quote Originally Posted by 243LPR View Post
    I have 1 target accu trigger and 2 Rifle Basix Sav-2's. As far as I'm concerned the Sav-2 is the best out there. Safe and reliable.
    BUT... have you used the SSS comp?

blt65
    I hope this didn't come across as I didn't like the SSS trigger. It is very clean and crisp, probably as clean and crisp as you could get, its just a little heavier then my liking but I would rather have a heavy crisp trigger then the sloppy feeling of the Accu-trigger. I haven't actually fired a live round with it yet, just dry fired, but I am sure once I fire it a hundred times I won't even notice the weight of the trigger pull.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by blt65 View Post
    I got a SSS Competition Trigger for my birthday and after installing it I have mixed feelings. It definately is a nice crisp solid breaking trigger but seems to be a little heavier of a trigger then my stock accutrigger. I prefer the SSS because of the consistancy and crispness of it as opposed to the light mushy (at times inconsistant)accutrigger. Also once the accutrigger gets lightened to a certain point it no longer is reliable because of closing the bolt and tripping the sear issue. Please note I am not dissing the accutrigger, for a stock trigger it is a safe and light trigger. Probably the best your going to get on a factory gun (pistol or rifle) My question is does anyone else have opinions on this matter? Thanks.
    Me thinks something is amiss with how you have your trigger set up. Not sure if you read it, but the instructions tell you that the majority of the trigger pull weight adjustment comes from the sear engagement, not the trigger return spring adjustment. I have mine breaking rather consistently at about 18 ounces. If that's not light enough for you you need a Benchrest trigger.

Westcliffe01
    If anyone wants to swap a "regular" accutrigger for a Rifle Basix Sav 2 just let me know. It would have to be for a side bolt release action.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
    If anyone wants to swap a "regular" accutrigger for a Rifle Basix Sav 2 just let me know. It would have to be for a side bolt release action.
    Not necessarily. I was able to make the sss trigger work with my bottom bolt release gun. Sav-2 looks about the same - modifiable

blt65
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    You need to fire quite a few rounds to break in the new trigger.It will get somewhat lighter as time goes by.
    I finally had a chance to get out and fire off some rounds and you're correct, the trigger came around nicely. Thanks.