Thread: SSS Competition Trigger doesnt fit in my Savage

Basic Member

SSS Competition Trigger doesnt fit in my Savage

I have a Stevens 200 with a SSS comp trigger that I installed myself about 2 months ago. Went in fine with no trouble. Very nice trigger. I just got a Savage 10FP McMillan with the Accutrigger and 3 position safety and thought the blade was very weird so I put in a Rifle Basix Sav-1. I like the SSS trigger much better and tried swapping the triggers and the RB fits fine in the Stevens, but I can not get the SSS to fit in the Savage. I cant get the holes to line up. I am looking through the SSS manual and there is a diagram showing that a .625" x .570" notch needs to be removed from the trigger bracket, however there is no mention of why this needs to be done. I did not need to do it when I installed the trigger in the Stevens. Is this something that needs to be done when replacing the Accutrigger? I tried emailing and calling SSS numerous times and they are not getting back to me. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeg181420 View Post
    I am looking through the SSS manual and there is a diagram showing that a .625" x .570" notch needs to be removed from the trigger bracket, however there is no mention of why this needs to be done.
    From SSS site.....Tech updates. http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/
    In 2003 Savage introduced their new ACCU-TRIGGER, and made some other changes to accommodate it. One of these changes was a newly designed safety assembly using a different detent spring. Because of this revision, a modification must be made to the Sharp Shooter Competition Trigger to fit inside the trigger bracket and clear the new detent spring. This modification is simply trimming the side plates with a grinder or belt sander to a 45 degree angle so it will not interfere with the new detent spring.

If you have a previous production version, this modification will be required for use on the new ACCU-TRIGGER models. It will also be necessary to adjust the over travel and safety engagement screws out further to contact the new safety.
    Hope this helps

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    thanks for the link. looks like i need to do some modification. thanks again

Basic Member
    The trigger bracket will need to be notched out because the accutrigger trigger bracket is slightly different than the standard bracket that was used on the Stevens. The pivot pin for the trigger sear rests on the edge of the bracket .The newer Stevens use the accutrigger bracket also.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."