Thread: 10 FCP 5R cheek weld issues

Malleus

10 FCP 5R cheek weld issues

I've been working on sight picture and cheek weld with my new rifle, and I can't seem to get anywhere near a proper cheek weld. If I do, I'm staring straight at the back of the bolt. This is with low DNZ mounts and a 40mm objective scope.

Apparently I have somewhat high cheekbones, which, combined with the slope of the Accustock, is causing me problems.

Before I go for a Karstens adjustable comb, is there anything else I should know/try? The thought of taking a drill to my new gun is a little sketchy.

davemuzz
    On my Model 10 Precision Carbine I didn't see any other choice but the Karsten's adjustable cheek weld. Since I put in on my eyeball line's right up with the scope. Don't be afraid of drilling the stock....it's easier than you think.

buddy of mine had the same issues with getting a good and plum line of sight with his glass aswell. he did in fact have to drill his stock but it came out fab.fits him like a glove....measure 5 times...drill once

Malleus
    Thanks guys. Just ordered the Karsten's cheek rest. Looks easy enough, and I'm thinking it'll really help the problem.

Google stockdoc and loggerhead. My HS stock for my 10 FCP is in stockdoc's hands right now to have an adjustable cheek piece installed. I have the same problem, 50mm scope on high rings doesn't give me a good cheek weld.

Heck, cardboard and packing tape worked on one rifle for me until I came up with a better solution.

Do something to get your weld right, then do something to make it look right. :)

Talked to Stockdoc a few weeks ago about installing the KMW loggerhead on my FCP-K stock and he recommended against it. Was definitely going that way but am now installing a Karsten.

If you have an HS PRecision or other after market stock, the butt section is considerably stiffer and he will work on those.
    Last edited by Unkgd; 05-19-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Basic Member
    I use these on all my Savage guns. they work great, dont require drilling and are under $20 locally
    http://www.basspro.com/Beartooth-Com...product/22034/

Malleus
    I ended up going the Karstens route. Works great, and was easier than I thought it'd be to install. Definitely happy with the product!

I just got this loggerhead setup back from stockdoc. The stock is a HS Precision that came with my 10 FCP

The stock fits me now and looks good. Great turnaround time.
    Last edited by Szumi; 06-05-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling