Thread: New Ballistic Program

Eric Stecker

New Ballistic Program

We are proud to announce that an easy to use ballistics program is available on our website. Please click on the link below to use or download this program.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Ballist...ram/index.html

A special thank you to Bryan Litz for his efforts in producing this program. This is one more example of our efforts to enhance the shooting experience. More to come.

Regards,
    Eric

johndoe3

Re: New Ballistic Program

Thanks Eric,
    I've been using this FREE program for a couple of weeks on both Windows and Mac OSX (.jar version, which is JAVA, which runs on both OSs). It is accurate as JBM online if your inputs are correct for G7 BC and atmospherics. Saves a text file to print out, which can be modified before printing in a Text Editor to insert the header and print only what you want for a ballistics card. As a free program, there isn't a database built in for bullet BCs, however, I use the G7 BCs from Bryan Litz's outstanding book, Applied Ballistics For Long Range Shooting.

Highly recommended (price is right).

ctrout

I can't get it to run. As soon as I try to open it, it tells me that it has encountered an error and offers to report it to Microsoft.

johndoe3

ctrout,
    I believe it is a Java program with a simple Windows .exe for execution. Install Java or update Java and it will run. I downloaded it on my Vista computer with updated Java and it pops right up correctly.

If you've never installed Java, get it here.
    http://java.com/en/download/

Just downloaded it, great program!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

tinkerer

And is there someplace to get the BC's and atmosphere guides online? As long as I'm getting free stuff, thought I'd ask?

Larry
    Tinkerer

johndoe3

tinkerer,
    The altitude for Density Air Altitude in the program uses Station Pressure and not corrected to Sea Level (29.92). When you have the Berger program running, move your mouse to hover above the word "pressure" and a list pops up to show you the standard Station Pressures at a whole range of altitudes. That's about all you need to be in the ballpark. Sea Level 29.92, 5000 ft in CO, 24.92, for example.

For BCs, the bullet manufacturers usually have the info for their bullets (in G1 BC). Bryan Litz has the measured G7 BCs for 175 long range hunting and target bullets in his book, but they aren't available anywhere else (except for Berger bullets which are on the Berger site for all their bullets).