Thread: 110 woth 4.5" screws

Edwards

110 woth 4.5" screws

Anyone have pics of all three stocs....long, intermediate and short? Looking at converting a log action stock to my intermediate action.

Edwards
    I saw this pic of the actions but was looking for a pic of all the stocks. I want to look at the barrel channel and inlet differences. How much woodworking/material removed is required?

Basic Member
    Edwards,

I have converted a 4.40 stock to fit a 4.27 action and vice versa. Just need to drillout and replace the pillar in new location.

6CM

Totally different situation here teele. The 2nd and 3rd Gen short actions are the same overall length so the recoil lug pocket is in the same location in the stock which is why you only had to move the front screw foreward/back 1/8".

In Edwards case the 1st Gen short action's are approximately 0.540" shorter than a long action and 0.310" longer than the 2nd/3rd Gen short actions, and thus the recoil lug pocket will need to be relocated as well.

Edwards: As I told you on the Facebook page, about your only real option is to get a stock from SSS or Stockade as they're the only two companies offering stocks for the 1st Gen screw spacing. Nothing Boyds or Stocky's has will fit your rifle without a significant amount of modification. The only other option would be to find a used factory stock somewhere which would probably prove to be more difficult than skinning a gnat.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    My apologies to all. I missed long action to intermediate. Thank you MrFurious.
    6CM

No worries, happens to the best of us teele.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Edwards
    Thanks...all. gonna start on building A stock from scratch...I'll let u guys know how it turns out.

Basic Member
    Boyd's does make a stock for the intermediate action. Here is the link:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/produc...=9466&cat=1223

Edwards
    The intermediate actioned stock is only offered in the classic via Boyd's. Due to getting older and many broken wrists growing up, sitting at a bench or on a stand holding a classic design stock hurts. I'm looking for something more along the Tacticool line that Boyd offers. Something with a more upright trigger hand placement.
    I ordered the tacticool yesterday with the knowledge that i would have to do some work. I took the old orig stock, cut it down for my son and daughter, slapped some splatter (trunk liner) paint on it last night. Hopefully each will take their first deer with the same gun I took my first deer with. Then they get their own gun.
    I'm also venturing into the DIY realm. For $40 worth of plywood, i'm trying my hand at a stock. We'll see.

FYI...I also spoke with RMS and was told they CAN make the 4.5" actions.