Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cbi barrel lead time

cbi barrel lead time

whats been the lead time lately for cbi barrels? im 16 weeks in now.

northlander
    Criterion has been buried along with almost all other firearms companies that are making a decent product. I will be getting in a huge shipment of barrels for customer orders and inventory later this month. We will be turning these around as fast as they arrive. Brenda will be contacting you with an update when your order ships.

I am sure everybody can see the absolute avalanche of business stores and suppliers are going through. If you don't see this, try buying 223 anything or better yet primers.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

Thanks Jim,I'm not upset about it i was just curious how long its been taking.I totally understand that everybody is behind its crazy.hopefully it will calm down soon.

northlander
    It does not help that Criterion lost almost 4 weeks of production time with their move to the new facility. We are currently quoting 14 weeks and that does seem very close to correct as soon as we get the backlog shipped later this month.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

Basic Member
    I just counted and I'm at 19 weeks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by northlander View Post
    It does not help that Criterion lost almost 4 weeks of production time with their move to the new facility. We are currently quoting 14 weeks and that does seem very close to correct as soon as we get the backlog shipped later this month.

Jim Briggs
    NSS
    Did they get a bigger place?

Roger rodbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by guhunter View Post
    I just counted and I'm at 19 weeks
    Same here, 19 weeks.

Basic Member
    I think I am at about 18 weeks.

Basic Member
    I'm just waiting for the call. Around 15 weeks for me

masterblaster
    3 weeks for me, oh well, will just settle in and wait.

got the call today!! hope you all as lucky!!!.thanks Jim and Brenda!!

Basic Member
    You did, that's awesome. Waiting for the phone to ring....

Basic Member
    You all need patience. I ordered my CBI in December. I just have to let it ride until I get the call its on the way.
    I have been collecting reloading components for the 20x45 in the meantime..

Basic Member
    My deer hunting season starts in 2 1/2 months. I know it will be ready, just hate to rush things.

I'm at 13 weeks on my rem/age barrel. Looking to get one for my savage as well but want to make sure this one shoots first.

Basic Member
    Got the call yesterday. Mine should arrive Wednesday! The bad new is I have to call Jim on Monday and order another barrel for another project. The wait will start all over again.

Basic Member
    I expected to wait, but it's now been almost 23 weeks. Getting anxious!

Odindad
    I just got the call last night. I am excited as this is my first Savage build.

I just checked and I am at 15 weeks and counting. Called Jim and he said Criterion is swamped but trying to catch up.
    Everything for the build sits in the corner waiting for the action and barrel,Shehane stock, T36, Kelby rings.
    I'll try to remember to post start to finish pics when it all arrives.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Any updates from anyone? I'm coming up on 17 and starting to itch lol... Poor lonely action...

Basic Member
    I ordered mine on the 3rd week of January, still no call. I just gave up, and figure they will call me. I want the barrel before deer season, which is coming up soon.

trailrider I do understand. I ordered mine back in December, I wanted to shoot in the FTR competitions here, but doesn't look like I'll get too this year. Maybe next year.

I can completely relate. Ordered mine towards the end of December still waiting on the call too. Hopefully, it will be soon!

I wonder why the discrepancy in wait times. Looks like a lot are around the 15-16 week area but some of you have been waiting since December. Ordered reamer or something?

northlander
    Criterion had a 4 week period of lost production time during the move to their new facility in December, 2012. If you can remember what was happening about that time, the shooting world went crazy with demand for all products. The resulting back logs this created sent shock waves through every company even remotely related to firearms. Order back logs went from 8 to 12 weeks to waaaay out there. overnight. The AR barrel business that CBI does went right off the chart. Existing orders were tripled and raised from there.

We received a lot of CBI Barrels in here last month (18 + cases). I just spoke with them this morning and we will be getting all remaining Dec. and Jan. barrel orders except the 20 cal. in here by month end. We will be cleaning, inspecting and repackaging your barrels as fast as we can when they show up. Brenda will be calling each of you when your order ships.

It is never good to have to wait extra long times for anybodies product. The only companies that I know of during this recent round of panic buying that have product available are those that had real long term inventories on the shelf or those not offering a true quality product (they weren't that busy to start with). Criterion is currently working unlimited overtime on their production floor. They have been at this ramped up level since arriving in their new facility. The overwhelming demand for the AR products is winding back to a normal level. Criterion is hopeful of establishing a 12 week lead time as soon as they get all order lead times back in line.

Jim Briggs
    NSS
    Last edited by northlander; 06-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast