Thread: Re-Finishing older Model 110

sandog

Re-Finishing older Model 110

I bought another left hand 110, this one is a 110 DL in .270. It was made back in the late 80's. The guy I bought it from said he had only put 40 or 50 rounds through it, but he had carried it on a few hunts. There was some peeling of the finish on the cheekpiece, the stock was stained a really light color (like the color of a 2x4), and the checkering was a really bad example of stamped in checkering, deep at one end and shallow at the other. The diamonds were almost non exisitant, really flat, no grip enhancement at all. So I stripped the finish, stained it a dark wanut color, and am now in the process of re- doing the old checkering pattern. It will be much nicer, would post a pic soon, but it says at the bottom of the screen I able not allowed to post attachments. I have Warne Q>D> Maxima rings and bases that will hold a Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14 AO with ballistic plex reticle. I want to get a spare mag for the rifle, already have .270 dies.

Sounds like you are on the right track.If you reciever is the oddball bolt spacing I would sy go to boyds for a 100.00 or so and get a drop in all done. The stock you have is probably really light in weight and adding a heavier stock might give you a break from heavy recoil is all I would be worried about. You picked a great scope,I own a couple and they are bright and clear.You may want to bed the action and make sure the barrel is free floated.If you become a paying member you can post pictures and see the for sale section for parts you may want to change.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!