Im posting this for all the members who do what I do each time I need to find a new scope. I google Leupold vs Sightron, then Sightron vs Vortex etc until I find a choice I'll be happy with.

Well I did a lot of research at the beginning of last year. I was stuck between Sightron and Vortex. Eventually I settled on the Sightron as the reviews were a little better and most of what I kept seeing about Vortex was how good the warranty was. It turned me away that so many people had to contact Vortex CS about their optics.

I bought the Sightron in about March of 2012 to top off a fairly heavy long range rig. Hundreds of rounds later and many adjustments from 100 to past 1000 yds and back again with no change in bullet impact at 100. Very happy with this optic. Clear, precise and reliable. Sightron SIII 8-32x56 MOA-2 reticle.

Then I decided I wanted a lighter rifle for hunting etc. I wanted a drop reticle for quick shots if needed. Did a lot of research again and decided I would try a Vortex this time. Got the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 LR with Deadhold BDC reticle. This topped off a 10 FCP with the 24" factory barrel and HS precision Stock.

Purchased the Vortex about september of 2012. Fired roughly 100 rounds through the gun before winter. Took back out yesterday for first time this year. Fired a goup at 100, then at 300, then another at 100. Went to adjust back to 300 again and the elevation turret gave out. The reticle would not adjust at all, even with over two full rotations of the turret. Was able to get it to move by adjusting down to my zero stop shims but when I put it back to the 100 yd zero it would not adjust back. To confirm it wasnt just my mind fooling me I zeroed back to 100 yds on the turret and fired a shot. Hit the ground a couple feet in front of the target.

Now I get to experience the Vortex customer service department. Talked to them this morning and they're sending a shipping label to me and stated to send it back and they'll fix it. Which I'm sure they will but this should'nt be an issue on a $550 scope.

I'm sure Vortex will make things right but I just wanted to make others aware of this issue. Like I said I did a lot of research when I bought both these scopes and the Vortex has failed just as I feared it would....

Both scopes are on seperate savage 308's.