Thread: Question with my groups and MKII FV-SR

Lead Slanger

Question with my groups and MKII FV-SR

How many rounds should I have to run through it before my groups should start settling in? I'm not getting the consistency that I had hoped for right now.

Basic Member
    200-500

Team Savage
    What ammo ?? and what groups are you shooting now ??

Basic Member
    Mine took about 800.... At the 800 mark it turned into a different rifle. Also, the takedown screw torque seems to really make a diffence on these as well. Mine shoots substantaily better with 16lbs on the rear and 14 on the front screw. Took quite a bit of tinkering to figure that out, but that's part of the funt to me!

Shmudda
    I have a Mark II FV - 22LR and just shot it in about (2) weeks ago. It took me about 60 rounds to get it taylored in and at 50 yards I have it about 3/4" above the center of a dime sized dot at that range and all (3) final shots were touching each other. I am sure the more it gets shot the better it will shoot. I noticed just how much smoother the bolt was working with just 60 rounds going thru it, so I'm sure once I get to the 7-800 round mark it will get all that much better.

Craig

Basic Member
    they really can shoot well when broken in and with their favorite ammo. Here's my best 5 shot group at 50yds after around 1000 rounds through it.

Lead Slanger
    That's the kind of group I'm lookin' for! Good lookin' group! :)

I haven't got to try out all the ammo I would like yet, but I'm seeing the same results with all of 'em so far. I may get three touching and then along comes the flyer. It may be 1/2" to 3/4" off.

More range time needed! :)

JCalhoun
    The cheaper made ammo will produce more flyers. I'm not saying you need to shoot the Lapua Midas ammo but there is a reason the cheap stuff is cheap (or used to be).

Lead Slanger
    Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    The cheaper made ammo will produce more flyers. I'm not saying you need to shoot the Lapua Midas ammo but there is a reason the cheap stuff is cheap (or used to be).
    For the most part, I was trying get my groups nailed down with some RWS Target.