Was in south Texas this past weekend hunting turkey and pigs. Had been shooting turkeys with my (can't be a hunting gun) AR-15 and shooting pigs with my Savage 7 MM STW, when I decided my Savage .257 Weatherby was getting jealous. As I climbed into a stand for the Saturday evening hunt, the Weatherby just felt wrong. At first, I thought it was the front action screw, then as I grabbed the barrel it rotated in my hand :0. To say the least, it was a little disturbing that the barrel came loose and I doubt it would have ended in a catastrophic event had I fired it but, it would not have been accurate. It is an older blued 110 receiver with new SS barrel, nut and lug.

This is an after market barrel I installed about 1 1/2 years ago and have shot and killed lots of things since then. I truly can not imagine how it could of just came loose like that? If any one has a wild ass guess, I'll listen to all possibilities, including owner errors.

I just don't want to repeat any error I did at first (if any), when I re-st the head space this weekend.