Thread: Tip of the Hat to Gun Shack

Basic Member

Tip of the Hat to Gun Shack

Just a quick Thank You, to the good folks at Gun Shack. My long awaited Shaw barrel came in this past week and I took the old barrel off my Model 12 and spun on the new 6x45 barrel. Shot it today and must say I am very pleased (sorry no pics). After break in will try to post photos, but so far it shoots very well. Gun Shack had a rough time waiting for Shaw, and for the price must say I am glad I waited.

Basic Member
    they are very good to deal with,when

they are very good to deal with,when I ordered my 6x45 from them they were only off 2 days from promised date.

I was one of the long waiting folks from the 6mm group buy. I have to say that the communication with Gun Shack was outstanding. They had no control over how long it took to receive these barrels and on the few times I contacted them in reference to when they may see them, I was responded to very quickly.Towards the end, I got a regular stream of updates as they heard from Shaw. I would not hesitate to deal with them again. I was impressed.
    Any clod can have the facts; having opinions is an art.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCTX View Post
    Just a quick Thank You, to the good folks at Gun Shack. My long awaited Shaw barrel came in this past week and I took the old barrel off my Model 12 and spun on the new 6x45 barrel. Shot it today and must say I am very pleased (sorry no pics). After break in will try to post photos, but so far it shoots very well. Gun Shack had a rough time waiting for Shaw, and for the price must say I am glad I waited.
    What bbl length did you go with
    What load are you shooting.
    I built my 6x45 in 2011 on a Savage FP10 action. 1/10" twist 24" bbl, perfect 100-700 yard coyote rig to date & accurate as all get out w/the 65g vmax load I use.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5spd View Post
    What bbl length did you go with
    What load are you shooting.
    I built my 6x45 in 2011 on a Savage FP10 action. 1/10" twist 24" bbl, perfect 100-700 yard coyote rig to date & accurate as all get out w/the 65g vmax load I use.
    went with 8 twist 26in varmint contour, so far load development has been with H322 and 65/68 grain Bergers and 70 gr SMK. Have less than 30 rounds down the pipe right now, but seems to like whatever it is given. Have some Benchmark to try also, just have to find time for workup.

Basic Member
    Now if they had an export license they would do some good business for Aussies.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I bought some factory take off barrels he had. Great folks to deal with. How many times do you call someplace where a person answers the phone & not one of those automated squawk boxes?...
    And they're helpful, too.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!