Thread: Model 10 5R Mil Spec with HS Stock action screws

Model 10 5R Mil Spec with HS Stock action screws

Finally got around to giving my trigger assy a much needed cleaning on my 5R Mil Spec model 10 with a HS stock. The rifle came with the stock and I love the stock. \While reassembling the stock I noticed that the frt action screw was only maybe using but 2 thread,s into the reciever. Im well aware that the torque isnt that much considering its measured in inch lbs, but to me?...thats unexceptable.
    I lookd real close at the depth of the action screw going into the reciever and quickly found out that that I could really only get about 2 more threads into the reciever but to me, thats what I need. the tolerance is close to say the least. If the screws too long, it,ll bind up on the latching lug of the bolt.
    I installed and closed the bolt, I then cked the depth with a depth mic from the bolts locking lug to the stocks bottom plate were the action screw sits, after some calculation/cutting/fine sanding/blueing of the new longer action screw, it fits perfectly. the new action screw I got has a larger allen head which is much easier to grab and torque to specs and know that it has more thread,s on the reciever put ease on my mind.
    A little food for thought for shooters with the same model as mine.

stangfish
    Excellent.