Thread: Aftermarket stock for Model 10 fcp-k w/ accustock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    local4fitter

Aftermarket stock for Model 10 fcp-k w/ accustock?

So I ordered a model 10 fp-sr at my LGS 2 months ago. Not in yet. A model 10 fcp-k came in yesterday and they offered it to me in place of what I originally ordered. Does anyone know of a tactical style aftermarket stock that would fit the FCP-K? The FCP-K comes with the Accustock. I dont have the gun yet so I am not sure if I will even want to switch out the stock yet, but I think I will want a stock with more of a vertical grip. Also is it possible to change out the bottom metal to accept larger 10 round mags? Any info appreciated. Thanks Doug

stangfish
    When you get into stock problems is when you go to the trigger gaurd bolt release. Being a savage owner you are or will be a tinkerer. You can make it work. Trigger guard width and some possible internal inlet issues exist...but nothing a dremel cant fix. I milled .025 off of each side of a the trigger guard removed a little stamped metal and shazam.

local4fitter
    If the action screws line up (4.40" centerfeed) then what is the limiting factor? If it is the bottom metal on the fcp-k that doesnt allow a stock to fit then can I put new bottom metal on?

Just for reference, I have a .308 FCP-K with the factory Accustock and it shoots very, very well. I took the action out of the stock after a 100 rounds, smoothed a couple of spots of contact, and torqued the stock back down following the instructions in the FAQ's here. I have thought about changing the stock out on it for a more vertical type grip, since I am primarily a pistol shooter, but I don't feel that I have to. Accuracy of my rifle has been excellent.
    Savage 10 FCP-K with Bushnell 3.5-21x50 scope, lots of SIG Pistols.

bodywerks
    Any stock made for the non accustock rifle, for the 4.4 action spacing and centerfeed magazine will work on your rifle with the bottom bolt release. Worst case is you may have to do some minor dremel work.
    As someone else here mentioned, you gotta be a tinkerer to work on savages. The only limiting factor is you.

local4fitter
    Thanks for the info guys. Picked up the rifle yesterday. I'm sure it will be a great shooter. I just dont like the look of the accu-stock. I will break it in and shoot it and maybe later I will change out the stock to a HS or Manners. Pulled the trigger on it a few times. Feels like one of my 1911 comp triggers. Nice.

ODA 0121
    Drop it right into a evolution rifle chassis.
    http://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html

Top of page select "Media" to see pics of a Savage.

I was very pleased with my fcpl-k in the Accustock until Kyle set me up with a tactical evolution chassis.
    It has the best bolt release (see in media photo) bottom metal is taken care of without the sloppy fit of an aftermarket in a composite stock.
    Best of all lets the Savage shoot sub-sub MOA consistently.
    Last edited by ODA 0121; 04-28-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ODA 0121 View Post
    Drop it right into a evolution rifle chassis.
    http://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html

Top of page select "Media" to see pics of a Savage.

I was very pleased with my fcpl-k in the Accustock until Kyle set me up with a tactical evolution chassis.
    It has the best bolt release (see in media photo) bottom metal is taken care of without the sloppy fit of an aftermarket in a composite stock.
    Best of all lets the Savage shoot sub-sub MOA consistently.
    Just placed my order today, with the folder, in green, only 8 week wait. Not needed, just like the AR style stock with the pistol grip and folder better than the traditional hunting rifle stock that came with the rifle.

Joe

local4fitter
    [QUOTE=Joe L;182531]Just placed my order today, with the folder, in green, only 8 week wait. Not needed, just like the AR style stock with the pistol grip and folder better than the traditional hunting rifle stock that came with the rifle.

Joe[/QUOTE.
    What was the final price for the stock?

Just confirming the rifle will shoot OK with the Accustock. Here is one of 4 good groups from this morning. I may look in to the Evolution rifle chassis recommended by ODA 0121 as well, however.

Joe

local4fitter
    That's some good shooting Joe. Imagine tighter groups than that with your rifle sitting in a sharp looking Evolution Chassis. I thought a chassis system would be out of reach for my budget. After checking out their website I realized I was drooling on myself. But seriously I think I will still shoot the gun as is, and squirrel away some $$ towards an Evolution. Thanks alot ODA for the heads up. Got any pics of your rifle in the Evolution? Would love to see em. Thanks again Doug

Quote Originally Posted by local4fitter View Post
    Imagine tighter groups than that with your rifle sitting in a sharp looking Evolution Chassis.
    Just might have to do that!

Joe

Around $900. I got some other stuff with the total order so I didn't break out just the stock.

local4fitter
    Let us know how you like it. I just ordered a kydex cheek rest for my fcp-k. Haven't shot it yet. Need scope.

local4fitter
    I recieved and installed my kydex cheek piece from TacPro. Still haven't shot the gun. I used the kit that comes with a flat piece of kydex with the slots in it and the hardware kit. Just heat and form for half the price. It makes the accu-stock much more comfortable when taking a sight picture. It raised my line of sight 3/4". I have a good cheek weld now rather than a mediocre jaw weld.

RevZ
    +1 on the xlr, I currently have all the rifles I own that they inlet for mounted in the xlr chassis. They are quality built and will stand the test of time. Also you won't have to bed anything just drop in and start shooting.

Also Kyle is a great guy and unlike other manufacturers will help you out and get you what you need. I.e. I started my business last year had a little trouble getting squared away with the IRS, while I had a stock preordered from him, ran into some financial difficulty and contacted him and he allowed me some extra time to pay on it. The XLR is more than just a good stock, it's got a guy standing behind it that cares about the customer. He has won me over for life. Not to mention he has done a fantastic job with the engineering on them and able to draw even more accuracy out of the savage rifles.

Happy shooting,

LRJammer
    I absolutely love my AICS chassis. Cant imagine having anything else now.

RevZ
    @Jammer
    Question for you sir.
    I had a AICS before my XLR, and what made me decide to go with an XLR on my builds instead of AICS is that the seam of the stock where your fingers wrap around was very sharp and required filing to be comfortable to shoot. Is it the same with yours or was mine just looked over with quality control?
    Note: The XLR and the AICS use the same mags but also the XLR is a little more comfortable and ergonomic to shoot for me.

And also does AICS inlet for the accustock?

DILLIGAF
    TAC 21 chassis

Basic Member
    I would love a chassis, but I got a Choate for mine. Boyds make them for the bottom release guns now. Whidden would be my choice for a traditional tactical stock if the money was not an issue.