Having some trouble with a 7mm-08, will try to be brief.

New WW brass, weight sorted, trimmed and chamfered, loaded with a well under max load, fired. No problems at all.

Now lets say we take 50 fired cases, neck sized, trim, chamfer and clean. Headspace matches on all rounds, measurements from any point of the case all match up- nothing looks amiss. Sized rounds chamber easily, no stiff bolt or anything.

Except for a few. I don't have an actual count but lets say 4-5 empty cases will chamber "hard". It could be that it takes just a little more pressure than normal to close the bolt, or it can be very very stiff.

When examined the cases that chambered hard will have a dent on the rim, very narrow, and perpendicular to the case body, at a 45-60 degree angle that leaves a tiny bulge, or ridge on the front of the rim. Sorry I don't have a picture yet but imagine that the case were made of wax, and you took a needle and you tapped the side of the rim while slightly drawing it toward the case mouth.

My only guess is that the mark is made from the extractor but the dent is much more narrow than the extractor is wide and the extractor is clean, no signs of damage or debris. Also, there are tiny little brass shavings in the chamber sometimes after a hard extraction.

Thoughts?