The Gun:I've got one of the typical Savage Mark II FV-SR's that you see all over the internet setting in a boyd's tacticool stock. My scope is a Vortex Crossfire 6-18x and aside from the cosmetic stuff the gun is just like any other MK II FV-SR. It's boringly accurate and incredibly fun to shoot. Last time with it out to the range I was hitting steel at 200 yards using federal bulk ammo. Normally I use wolf match ammo when I get serious but for just plinking around I dip into a seemingly never ending supply of federal bulk 22lr.

The Varmint:
In my life I have had an evil villan who has plagued my happy little world and he is a groundhog. For whatever reason I have looked upon these little dirty bast*&^S as the bane of my existence and I intend to keep my property free of them. That's where my little MK II 22lr comes into play.

The Challenge:
Any idiot could go back there with 223 or 308 and vaporize the little boogers with a single and easy shot. To be honest it doesn't really impress me to hit a groundhog with a big boy varmint rifle. In order to make it a challenge and in the spirit of giving the little shizzles a fighting chance I have decided to make this a 22lr only shoot. Here's where it gets interesting, the groundhog stays at least 100 yards out from the patio. I have distance markers out there out to 200 yards. I think if he gets within the 100 to 200 yards range he has entered a kill zone and will be dealt with accordingly.

The Question:
So here's the rub, what ammo? I need to make a precise hit on a small/medium sized groundhog at over 100 yards with a 22lr. Do I run with subsonic match ammo that'll be more accurate but have less energy? Do I run with some high speed destroyer of flesh like the CCI Stinger that's more speed, and less accurate? Do I just say the heck with getting too detailed on the ammo and just keep running the federal bulk that shoots accurate enough and probably has enough energy, but will likely require some kind of a lucky shot?

I know I'm not the only guy in the world who's dealt with this issue, so instead of reinventing the wheel I thought I'd run it past a few forums. I'm curious what you all would do in this situatation. Thanks in advance.