Thread: New to me Savage 93 22 mag

bflee

New to me Savage 93 22 mag

These are the first five shots from my model 93 I bought used. Man is it consistant. Adjusted a little and was nailing the button cap.It is three quartes of an inch between the screws on top of the watch.
    Last edited by bflee; 05-10-2013 at 08:54 PM.

JCalhoun
    Nice!

bflee
    I really love this rifle! I liked the looks at first, but to me a rifle can be as ugly as homemade soap if it shoots good. This rifle looks good and shoots terrific. I can nail my homemade metal crow targets from 100 yards with ease. Head shots at 100 yards are just as easy and the crow target head is smaller than a golf ball. I have an old autoloader 22LR Revelation by Savage which I believe is a 187 model and it is accurate, but the 22mag is super tight and adds alot of range. I should have bought one years ago. My AR, 22LR, and my 308 marlin have stayed in the closet since I have had this one. Makes me want a Savage 223 bolt to try out.

outback andy
    Yea, I have a 93 with the bull barrel , I put a Boyds stock on it and a Nikon Monarch 3-9 BDC, Its such a joy to shoot...
    Have you tried the hornady 30gr V-max yet ? they shoot the best in my rifle.
    Did the same thing with my Savage 11 .223 but a Nikon 4-16x42, life is good*

bflee
    I have only shot the Hornady 30 grain bullets because I got a bunch with the rifle when I bought it used. I know they shoot great.
    Last edited by bflee; 06-01-2013 at 03:28 PM.

bflee
    This is my Savage 22mag with the green stock and fluted barrel.

outback andy
    Yea, thats the same stock I had before I replaced it with a Boyds stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bflee View Post
    This is my Savage 22mag with the green stock and fluted barrel.
    Yep that is the Dick's Sporting Goods exclusive. They also have the same package in 17HMR & a 22LR in in a Mark II.

I shot my dick's rifle for the 1st time today. I ditched the supplied scope. It actually went on a GunBroker Marlin I recently sold. I installed a left over 3-12x44AO BSA air rifle scope I bought last Fall. After shooting it today I know there is a Mueller APV in the future for it. I added DIP scope rail and I have DIP bottom metal & trigger guard for the Boyds rim fire varmint stock that is showing up this week. Anywho, this is the groups I was getting as I got it close to zero @ 50yd.

Hornady 30gr Vmax. Each group was 4 clicks to the left.

This is a 1x.5" piece of target paper & the 2 holes hitting it are from SuperX HP and the other
    2 are Hornady 45gr Critical Defense. This is the MOST accurate 22 mag I have EVER had with my 2nd
    most accurate being my Henry H001M lever. Before that was the Marlin 782 I sold last Christmas which
    was replaced by my Savage. The 3 other 22mags I have owned were (from accurate to least) a Marlin 783
    Winchester 9422 & a Squires Bingham bolt. That thing was awful.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

outback andy
    Yea, Nice shooting... I tried a 4-12 Mueller and after the first target shoot , I found out that it wouldn't hold a bulls eye setting, so I
    found my Nikon 3-9x40 and been real happy now ,if your looking for a good 4-12x40 for about 200.00 when on sale you need to check
    out the Vortex Diamondback, I put one on my CZ .223 and thats a great target rifle scope.....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outback andy View Post
    Yea, Nice shooting... I tried a 4-12 Mueller and after the first target shoot , I found out that it wouldn't hold a bulls eye setting, so I
    found my Nikon 3-9x40 and been real happy now ,if your looking for a good 4-12x40 for about 200.00 when on sale you need to check
    out the Vortex Diamondback, I put one on my CZ .223 and thats a great target rifle scope.....
    Well I have had no problem with my Mueller APV, I would buy another.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

outback andy
    Well I,m not the only one that had troubles with a Mueller , I was back
    At the range the next week shooting and there was a nice guy sighting in his new
    Mueller and was having the same trouble that I had, and he had one with the reticle
    That lights up.

bflee

This is a five shot group @ 100 yards with my 93 and 30 grain hornady vmax. The squares are three quarters of an inch due to printing off website. The group measures less than 3/4" and I am very happy with that.

outback andy
    Yea, right on ....

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.