Thread: 2013 Mississippi Highpower and F Class State Championships

SWGC JBMIII

2013 Mississippi Highpower and F Class State Championships

UPDATE (3/25/2013): 2013 score cards are not yet available.

DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club is proud to host the 2013 Mississippi state rifle championship matches.

Schedule of events:

Friday, September 27, 2013: Practice time for championship matches, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, no charge to registered competitors
    Saturday, September 28, 2013: High-power state championship match
    Sunday, September 29, 2013: Midrange prone and F-class championship match
    General Information:

Location: View information about our location on the About page > Location tab.
    Accommodations: Find links on the About page > Nearby Businesses tab.
    Pit service: Provided, competitors will not need to pull and score targets.
    Rules: This is an NRA registered event and current NRA rules will govern the match. We recommend that new shooters read the rule books in advance of competing. The NRA rule books are also on the NRA website.
    Eligibility: Open to any individual. NRA Membership is required.
    Please view the tabs below to learn more about each match, including information on registration.

Saturday: High-power
    Sunday: Midrange prone and F-class
    Space is limited to 48 shooters. Please download the registration sheet and scorecard here. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar software to open the form.
    Open to all NRA members and MSFOA or reciprocated state association members.
    Fees:
    $65.00 advance registration, register online here.
    $75.00 day of the match, cash only.
    Online registration closes Thursday, September 26, 2013. Day of match registration closes at 8:00 AM on the day of the match.
    Online registrations, please send your scorecard to rifleofficer @ desotogunrange.com (remove the spaces around @).
    Firing starts promptly at 8:30 AM.
    NRA rules apply. This is a Mid range match shot prone with F-class.
    Match course of fire: three strings of 15 shots for record from 600 yards, five sighters with the first string and two sighters for the second and third strings.
    NRA classification rules apply for any awards.
    Eye and ear protection is required and all shooters must follow range rules and range officer commands. Failure to follow range officer commands and range rules or any other behavior that does not meet generally accepted safety standards will result in the shooters expulsion from the match and the range facilities.
    Soft drinks, bottled water and a lunch will be available on the range for a nominal fee.
    For more information contact rifleofficer @ desotogunrange.com (remove the spaces around @).
    Awards: Trophies will be awarded to the High Over All, Winner by class, and High Youth.
    The Horn Lake High School USMC Junior ROTC will be working the pits throughout the match. Competitors will not have Pit duty.

DeSoto Rifle & Pistol Club has indoor plumbing, heat and A/C in the training trailer and parking for overnight campers. We do not have electric or septic services for campers. There is no fee for overnight campers.

Match Director: Ebben Raves

Range Officers: John Koch and Roger Osborne

JCalhoun
    Thanks buddy!

SWGC JBMIII
    JC,
    You got to check out this match. I went to it last year and the range was new. I shot in both matches.
    Price is on the high side but worth it. The local school ROTC does all the pit service for both matches and the young ladies do the scoring also. I showed up the day before and worked with them on how to run the pits,man they were fast to learn and did a great job,both days.
    The extra money is given to the kids for their programs.Ross Oso thought this up,it was brilliant I tell ya.After the match"everyone left",I had a low serial # Match Grade M1 and a AR and let them have fun. It was a great time.I helped DeSoto prepare for both matches and worked hard for them,were their own members didn't. DeSoto is PSC friendly and will be working together in the future.
    Ross got the OK to do the match this year,prior to me getting the range NRA certification for PSC. Next year will be different. Ross was talking about 2 State Championships a year and other States have done it....I don't know. MSFOA wants us to have a Highpower program also, but I have people that can run a State Championship Highpower match,PSC has the tools.

I had the Queen Bee keeping score for me and all her friends were hanging behind me and I did too much smack talking.
    Finished 2nd..I should have won that match,I'm still kicking myself.

JCalhoun
    Very interesting!

If all you have to is shoot that can't be bad at all.

Where is it located?
    Last edited by JCalhoun; 04-22-2013 at 10:53 AM.

SWGC JBMIII
    Quote Originally Posted by JCalhoun View Post
    Very interesting!

If all you have to is shoot that can't be bad at all.

Where is it located?
    http://maps.google.com/?ll=34.543089...13078&t=h&z=17

Gotta love Google Maps. Here is the link.