Thread: Stocks for 116 weather warrior FCSS

barnesuser28

Stocks for 116 weather warrior FCSS

Hey, are there any aftermarket hunting style stocks for the gun mentioned above? Right hand, and preferably less than $350.
    Thanks

A simple Google search would answer that question for ya...

Google-Fu

You just need to make sure you get one setup for the centerfeed detachable magazine.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

barnesuser28
    Thanks, i was told by an employee at stockysstocks that savage changed the recoil lug design and there werent any aftermarket stocks available that she knew of.

I'd venture to say the gal you spoke to didn't know what she was talking about. Nothing has changed with the recoil lug since the 110 first came out in 1959. Only thing I can figure is she might have been thinking about the Axis as it's recoil lug is slightly different - but Axis stocks and 110 stocks aren't interchangeable so it's a non-issue anyway.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

rattfink
    Didn't the Accustock models ship with a different lug?

barnesuser28
    Ok, she said it was something with the accustock and the changed recoil lug. You guys are the experts so i will see what i come up with. Thanks for your help.

ellobo
    If your looking for an inexpensive stock look at the Boyds website. Check out the Prairie Hunter or JRS models. Laminates are under $100 and are drop ins. For an extra $50 they will checker the stock for you. Very nice checkering designs. They also do laser work, like your initials on stocks. Give them a look. I have used them and am very happy with them.

El Lobo

stangfish
    The Weather Warrior has a hunting style stock. It is also an accustock. The differences between them are; the recoil lug slot is different because of the aluminum frame, the recouil lug is more narrow(not thinner) to fit in a channel. The action bed is clearance behind the rear action screw in the trigger pocket area, it is opened up slightly for the trigger gaurd bolt release. The clearance for the bolt release on the side is not present. The trigger gaurd is nearly .050 wider to allow for the bolt release mechanism?.?

Recoil lug differences

Last edited by stangfish; 04-21-2013 at 09:02 AM.